1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey fellas, Been a few years since I've been on here. Nice to see you're still going strong. I built a Hackintosh about 5 years ago off this sight and I'm about 5 versions of OSX behind. Still running strong with Maverick 10.9. Was wondering about updating to Mojave with these specs. Is it doable? Thanks!

Intel Core i5-2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (BIOS F12)
Socket 1155
AMD Radeon HD 6850
8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Sony 24X SATA Internal DVD +- RW_DRIVE

Hey fellas, Been a few years since I've been on here. Nice to see you're still going strong. I built a Hackintosh about 5 years ago off this sight and I'm about 5 versions of OSX behind. Still running strong with Maverick 10.9. Was wondering about updating to Mojave with these specs. Is it doable? Thanks!

Intel Core i5-2500K
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (BIOS F12)
Socket 1155
AMD Radeon HD 6850
8GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Sony 24X SATA Internal DVD +- RW_DRIVE

With that graphics card no. It will work in High Sierra. You would need a 7xxx series or higher AMD card or a Nvidia 710 ddr3, 760, 770, 780 card for it to work. Your intel graphics if they are HD2000, 2500, 3000 won’t work either.
It’s a good idea to go to High Sierra first to get used to the newer format and work out bugs.

What do you mean newer format? Are you talking the Clover boot loader? Is High Sierra still available on the Apple store? Guess it's time for a new graphics card. Of the ones you Lister which is causing the least issues? Maybe a new processor chip too. Any recommendations processor wise?

Is High Sierra still available on the Apple store?

Go to the Buyer's Guide and click on the Operating Systems link there. You'll see it along with Mojave and others.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm at work right now and just need to get home and do some digging around the website. I'm a little behind on the power curve right now, need to get caught up. Will probably wait until after the holiday to do anything. I was just wondering if it was possible with my current configuration. Sounds like I can at least get up to High Sierra, which sounds good for now. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Okay fellas, I think I'm ready to tackle an upgrade. My model ID is currently at MACPRO 3,1 and it will only let me download OS X 10.11 El Capitan for now. Can I just load 10.11 over my current 10.9 install until I'm ready to tackle 10.13 or will I have to do a clean install? What Model ID do I need to be at to get OS X 10.13 High Sierra downloaded? Any input would be greatly appreciated.......Time to do some research!

Okay fellas, I think I'm ready to tackle an upgrade. My model ID is currently at MACPRO 3,1 and it will only let me download OS X 10.11 El Capitan for now. Can I just load 10.11 over my current 10.9 install until I'm ready to tackle 10.13 or will I have to do a clean install? What Model ID do I need to be at to get OS X 10.13 High Sierra downloaded? Any input would be greatly appreciated.......Time to do some research!
Use unibeast for Mavericks to change the Mac definition. only select the definition you want imac 27-inch, Late 2012 works fine. You will need to restart after.

Use unibeast for Mavericks to change the Mac definition. only select the definition you want imac 27-inch, Late 2012 works fine. You will need to restart after.
Thanks mully, I've seen those different Mac definitions in unibeast but wasn't sure if it would screw up my current install if I selected one. I need to backup my current install then I'll give it a try. Can I just jump straight to High Sierra from Maverick after that? I got a new SSD coming from Amazon, I was gonna do a fresh install but if I can jump straight to HS from Maverick, maybe I'll just skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back