Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 970 SSC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello community! I was using macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Clover r4123 without problems with plans to upgrade to Mojave and now when I upgrade Clover I can't boot on macOS and get this Kernel Panic:
IMG_0441.jpg

My current version of macOS Sierra has been used without problems, it was done through a fork of Github of TheraceMaster, I only have problems when I configure config.plist with Clover Configurator since there is an option: FixRegion_10000000 that changes to FixRegions = True when I apply the changes with CC, and that also breaks the boot of macOS, maybe it is related?

Any idea? attach my config.plist

My Specs: Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H (F14)
Video: Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia 970 SCC

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 189
You should be able to get your old clover back from under the efi-backups folder to get back up and running.
I also keep hearing that clover config can break configs, can't speak off experience though but i'm reluctant to use it after hearing it can edit patches to make them not work

I have had my clover break a couple times updating between 4500 and 4700. I had to go EFI boot since 4586 or it wont get to clover screen. 4700 broke as well but I copied my old clover folder back and it boots fine again.

:thumbup: :banghead:

The new 4700 build has separated some UEFI drivers into FileVault 2 UEFI drivers, and they get unchecked unlike previous builds.
just look at what you are installing in the customise menu.
Screenshot 2018-10-14 at 10.29.13.png

Screenshot 2018-10-14 at 10.29.22.png

I upgraded from r4411 to r4700 and the boot was broken too.

You should be able to get your old clover back from under the efi-backups folder to get back up and running.
How would I be able to do that?

The new 4700 build has separated some UEFI drivers into FileVault 2 UEFI drivers, and they get unchecked unlike previous builds.
So while I am stuck outside of the system, what can I do to recover them.

I was able to update to r4700, the problem was the .efi files on drivers64UEFi Folder, some of that has been updated, in my case EfiDevicePathPropertyDatabase.efi was the problematic .efi. The actual drivers64UEFI folder only contains ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi/AptioMemoryFix-64.efi/HfsPlus.efi(Can be replaced with VBoxHFS-64.efi)/UsbKbDxe.efi

So while I am stuck outside of the system, what can I do to recover them.

When you update Clover a Backup of your old EFI folder remains on your rout disk (EFI-Backups folder)
If you have a USB Stick, boot with that, and mount EFI disk, delete the updated EFI and paste the Older Backup Folder... or may be can test deleting some .efi file that generate the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back