Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z690-PLUS D4
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX6800
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi! I have switched my gpu to RX 580 and installed mojave 10.14.1.
After update and to update, i can only boot if set Primary display in BIOS for iGPU, even if both monitors connected to RX 580. But if i want to change clover settings or BIOS, i have to connect monitor to iGPU.

When i set Primary display in BIOS for pciE GPU, as i used to with 10.12.6, system reboots after 80% progress bar at boot screen.
If boot in verbose mode, it also reboots, so i cant make photo of panic.

Please help(

WhateverGreen and lilu installed.

If i set primary display in BIOS to iGpu and disable Inject Intel in clover, system boots ok, but both monitors connected to RX 580 turns off after verbose boot log(no hdmi signal). I can enter password and play music in itunes from shortcuts without screens.

If i set primary display in BIOS to pciE Gpu and enable Inject Ati in clover, same problem, both monitors connected to RX 580 turns off after verbose boot log(no hdmi signal).

Only one way to boot with 2 monitors normal, is connect both monitors to RX 580, set primary display in BIOS to iGpu and enable Inject Intel in clover. But in this way i do not see clover menu and cant boot from another hdd and cant go to bios. (

turn iGPU of completely and run system exclusively from RX580. No kext needed I think ...

no intel inject needed and make sure correct ig-platfrom-id

turn iGPU of completely and run system exclusively from RX580. No kext needed I think ...
Thank you
this is first what i tried, but
system reboots after 80% progress bar at boot screen

ig-platfrom-id
is it really needed? i didnt use it with gtx660ti and 10.12.6
CLOVER WIKI said:
This parameter is used to enable the internal Intel HD 4000 video card. Until now no common rule for selecting a value was found, so either let Clover handle this parameter or use another one if it does not work.

have you booted with -v to see where it stops?
sure, but it not stops, reboots immediately, even if in -v mode.

Now i find something. System boots ok without iGpu if i connect one monitor to display port of rx580 (via adapter dp to hdmi). looks like mojave do not like hdmi? If i connecter second monitor to hdmi in runtime, it has black screen.

sure, but it not stops, reboots immediately, even if in -v mode.

Now i find something. System boots ok without iGpu if i connect one monitor to display port of rx580 (via adapter dp to hdmi). looks like mojave do not like hdmi? If i connecter second monitor to hdmi in runtime, it has black screen.
weird, my RX560 runs two screens just fine, one 4K dp and one 1080p HDMI

weird, my RX560 runs two screens just fine, one 4K dp and one 1080p HDMI
You are lucky)

I do not why, but rebootings are gone. Now with iGPU disabled:

Hdmi + hdmi or 1 hdmi = both monitors turns off at logon screen.
Display Port + hdmi = login ok with working 1 monitor, second monitor(hdmi) is on, but black screen, no image. System info shows 2 monitors.

@Macbooky please share your clover config.plist, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back