Contribute
Register

Update from 10.10.5 to El Capitan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to try an in-place upgrade from 10.10.5, you'd need to add those settings to your 10.10.5 EFI config.plist, so when you reboot to the installer, they're there.

If you're going to try installing it from a USB instead, then you'd need those settings in the config.plist on the EFI partition on the USB instead. But you'd probably want to copy them to the EFI partition on your disk after the install (before you boot without the USB) so any driver installations or post-install configuration goes smoothly.

Fixed it, just ran the Run OS X Installer with nv_disable=1 and -v then it worked.. writing from El Capitan now.. so no need for USB

Fixed it, just ran the Run OS X Installer with nv_disable=1 and -v then it worked.. writing from El Capitan now.. so no need for USB

What solution, tweaks did you do so others could potentially follow this (of course after they have backed up their Yosemite to another drive).

Also what issues have you seen so far?

I updated straight from the App i just opened the app in Yosemite and ran it. you don't actually need to put FakeSMC and Ethernet kexts in 10.11 you can put them in Other folder in EFI/Clover/kexts/other and not worry about kexts again tbh.

I updated straight from the App i just opened the app in Yosemite and ran it. you don't actually need to put FakeSMC and Ethernet kexts in 10.11 you can put them in Other folder in EFI/Clover/kexts/other and not worry about kexts again tbh.

Thanks! Based on your post I've just dropped FakeSMC into the Other folder. All set for 10.12 now.

USB3 works fine for me. Im using a DSDT to fix USB3 in Yosemite on my Z77-DS3H. EI Capitan works fine with the DSDT. My H61N-USB3 board USB3 doesn't work as it uses Fresco FL1009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back