Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hello,

I built my Hackintosh about 4 years ago and upon completion I installed 10.10.1. It was my first build so I was (and still am) nervous about updating it to a more current version of MAC OSX.
I mostly use my machine for my artwork, however I do play games via "Steam" on it from time to time.

I'd have no issues staying at 10.10.1 as I do not run into any bugs, but Steam will not work on this OSX version after this month, so I will definitely need to update my OS before that time.

I was thinking about making a jump to Sierra/High Sierra or above. Are there any precautions I should take (other than the obvious, backing up harddrives etc) before trying to make some moves?

My machine specs are:

Mother board: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (2Gig)
16 GB RAM (2 cards)
4.3 GHz Intel Core i7

I still have the MultiBeast USB I originally started with in case anything goes awry. But I've also gone ahead and downloaded High Sierra from the tonymac downloads tab.
Since Im updating and not doing a fresh install, do I need to make a bootable USB for the new OS?

Do I need to update in order of progressions 10.10 - 10.11 - 10.12 - etc.

Or is it possible to just go from 10.10 to 10.13 or higher, like Mojave of example?
If anymore information on my machine is needed let me know!

ANY HELP ADVICE IS WELCOME! I haven't done anything like this since putting my machine together 4 years ago. So im still basically a noob. :)

Hey did you manage to upgrade? Did you find any useful resources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back