Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked like a charm for me : Upgraded via software update, some reboot, oc picked the right entry each time , about 1 hour ... et voila :)

System:
  • Motherboard: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
  • CPU: i5-2500K
  • GPU: RX580
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.4
  • SMBIOS: iMacPro1,1

Just Successfully updated to Monterey from Big Sur 11.5.2 on my new AMD Build with OC 0.7.4.
Screenshot 2021-11-06 at 11.46.11 PM.png

Updated from Big Sur with no issues, multiple reboots.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
CPU: I7-2700k
GPU: RX500
Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.5
SMBIOS: iMac18,3

After 2+ weeks of struggling to upgrade from OpenCore 0.6.3 to 0.7.5, I was able to easily upgrade Big Sur to Monterey. Everything works (WiFi, iMessage, etc.) so far. Big challenge is the OpenCore upgrade. Now to upgrade my older hackingtosh. OpenCore documentation is beautifusl!

Is updating Clover bootloader necessary?

I have updated my machine to OpenCore 0.7.5, updated all the kext files and then downloaded the offline installer (somehow direct update from macOS doesn't work, other issue!).

The update went smoothly and everything is working as expect.
A small glitch, I noticed that my AirPods did not connect to the Mac anymore. I had to reset the AirPods and reconnect to my iPhone. A couple of seconds later it was possible to connect to the Mac again. Even the proximity connection (roaming) is working fine.

After updating the openCore to the latest version 0.7.6 and all kexts to the latest version. I'm able to update successfully. But I need to fix the Bluetooth issue after the update is finished.

Now everything's I need all works.
Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 15.56.16.png

Just upgraded...
Upgrade.jpg

After updating the openCore to the latest version 0.7.6 and all kexts to the latest version. I'm able to update successfully. But I need to fix the Bluetooth issue after the update is finished.

Now everything's I need all works.
View attachment 536221
Hey. Which kind of BT issue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back