Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Hi all! At the step 5 my screen remains black. I don't know what I have to do. Thanks!

Hi all! At the step 5 my screen remains black. I don't know what I have to do. Thanks!
Your Nvidia graphics card is not supported in Mojave. So, you'll have to use the internal GPU from the motherboard. Look for threads with similar problem in the Mojave Desktop Support forum section.

Thank you very much for you quick reply! I haven't realise this detail. I'll check it out. Thanks again!

Any problems with 5/6 series customacs?

Z97a, ASUS R580.
It went smoother than I thought it would.
1st I renewed by hand some kexts I already have in my EFI.
And it was fiasco...
After 1st reboot Installer bar was going very slow to nothingness....

Then, I just ran Mojave Multibeast 11.3. and after that I started installer and left the room.
When I got back in like 25 min Mojave asked me for Pass! :)
Didn't expect it to be so easy!
Wow!....
No pain at all.

It changed SSD to APFS - so far I didn't notice any slow downs because of that.
USB 3.0 is fine.
USB3.1 with Thunderbolt card -yes.
Wifi - yes.
Audio - built in audio stopped working a while ago(have no clue why), but my additional audio_usb plug works great.
Apogee Duet 2 - yes.
Updated DaVinci to 16.3 and some important bugs are gone - and this was the main reason to update System.

Didn't even opened my BIOS.

Thank you guys for saving me thousands of $$$$$$$$!!!

Last edited:
hello,
I installed the last version of clover to do the update of high sierra to mojave. But since then, my computer screen turns black after choosing boot mac os install. I tried also with boot from "High sierra" (name of my volume where High Sierra was installed), still black screen and nothing happens.
I wonder if the last version of clover did that issue ? How can I fix this ?

hello,
I installed the last version of clover to do the update of high sierra to mojave. But since then, my computer screen turns black after choosing boot mac os install. I tried also with boot from "High sierra" (name of my volume where High Sierra was installed), still black screen and nothing happens.
I wonder if the last version of clover did that issue ? How can I fix this ?

Hi there.

Do you still have your original bootable USB Installer stick? If so you can use this to boot your system.

I have discovered newer versions of Clover are unable to boot High Sierra 10.13.6 + the latest Security Updates. I had to change to OpenCore. But, obviously you can go back to an earlier version of Clover if that still works.

:)

thank you very much for your answer, I have kept a copy of my disk on other internal disk. So it has been possible to open an older version of clover at boot (but I needed to remove the ssd where I originally boot my computer).
Do you think I can make an upgrade of this SSD from a different computer ? I have a macbook with mojave. I'm considering booting my SSD from that computer and do the upgrade

Back