Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Upgrade from full working installation of High-Sierra. No problems, no freezes, everything is working fine like in HS. Runs like charm! Thanks for the guide!

Just updated my seven year old B75M-D3P High Sierra to Mojave. I used a previously downloaded 10.14.3 Install app and the recent 10.14.6 Combo update. Like to be about a year behind the “cutting edge”. Installed Clover r4924 & up-to-date kexts and cloned High Sierra (HFS) to a new APFS formatted SSD before starting the procedure.

FakeSMC and Network kexts are in clover/kexts/other and Library/Extensions.
USBInjectAll, AirPortAtheros40, FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts are in Library/Extensions.

Upon restart, sleep was broken (shutdown instead of sleep) and WiFi would not turn on. Fixed sleep with this solution: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sleep-shutdown.260947/
Fixed WiFi with this solution: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-all-atheros-on-mojave.268936/

All appears well - don’t do messages, facetime or iTunes movies.

Is it possible to directly update from El Cap to Mojave?
No. That's too big a jump from El Cap to Mojave. If you are using a Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS, you'll have to change it to something like iMac 14,2. which will probably break all your paid applications which depend upon computer serial number. Additionally, Mojave has no Nvidia drivers except for the old Nvidia native drivers. Consequently, you'll need to switch to a AMD graphics card like the Sapphire 560/580 Pulse 8GB cards. You've got a big headache ahead of you.

If you do decide to change your graphics card, use a Mojave UniBeast created USB Installer after you backup up your El Cap drive.

No. That's too big a jump from El Cap to Mojave. If you are using a Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS, you'll have to change it to something like iMac 14,2. which will probably break all your paid applications which depend upon computer serial number. Additionally, Mojave has no Nvidia drivers except for the old Nvidia native drivers. Consequently, you'll need to switch to a AMD graphics card like the Sapphire 560/580 Pulse 8GB cards. You've got a big headache ahead of you.

If you do decide to change your graphics card, use a Mojave UniBeast created USB Installer after you backup up your El Cap drive.

Thanks for your reply.

iMac 14,2 and igpu for the moment.

So, I did an upgrade to Mojave according to this guide - which worked - only to find out afterwards that there are no NVIDIA web drivers for my GPU :(.

I checked the complete install guide for hints and found that there are several warnings to stay at High Sierra with newer graphic cards.

You should seriously put such a warnings at the beginning of this guide as well!

Downgrading...

So, I did an upgrade to Mojave according to this guide - which worked - only to find out afterwards that there are no NVIDIA web drivers for my GPU :(.

I checked the complete install guide for hints and found that there are several warnings to stay at High Sierra with newer graphic cards.

You should seriously put such a warnings at the beginning of this guide as well!

Downgrading...
Always best to research hardware first before installing/upgrading any operating system.

Clean 10.14.6 install with Clover 4934, Thank you :)

hai, i have problem update siera to mojave, the problem is after restart apple logo computer back restart

Once I choose ‘Boot macOS Install From ——‘ then the Apple logo shows up and nothing happens! Please provide me solutions please

Back