Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

I got this screen, and I can't go back.

Attachments

• 1541276414241803431026.jpg
    1541276414241803431026.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 92
I had problems installing a fresh copy of Mojave a couple weeks ago. I got High Sierra installed and working OK. Today I followed this guide and after a fairly long time (at one point I thought the installer was hung and was about to reboot when it resumed) it all worked.

Be prepared to let it run a long time even if it appears to be stuck. An hour minimum.

GA h77n-wifi
Core i5 - 3570
AMD Radeon Amour RX570 OC 8GB
16 gb RAM
WD blue 250
I managed to get Majavi to install without a hitch - for the install part.
I had no audio so I reinstalled MultiBeast ALCxxx for my build no luck, next time I added Optional 3 port 5.1 Audio and it worked. I had not tried that previously.
Checked the - "configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.” But fortunately there was nothing I needed to do, or I could see. Maybe it was the audio but I missed it. No ... so far so good...

Also had a painless update to Mojave through the App Store, with exactly the same audio issue and the same solution. The MultiBeast ALCxxx didn't work until I added optional 3 port 5.1 audio, and it now appears to be working fine. No other issues yet!
(next morning edit: still experiencing sound issues. Headphone output worked OK for a while, then became intermittent; line out stopped working altogether. Looks like my USB sound dongle will be put to use for now)

Last edited:
Are you installing onto a mechanical HD?
No I installed on an Adata 512GB NVMe SSD. Once installed, everything runs fast and smooth. Reboots/shutdown/startup aren’t as fast as a real Mac, but they’re reasonable.

I have updated from High Sierra to Mojave directly. Without any errors/issues. Then put a clean installation from a flash drive with UniBeast and MultiBeast. Did not notice a difference.

Hi, just an editing point but I think it would help the readability of this page not to have two distinct steps that refer to completion of the process. For my part I was confused about which Clover option to select during the « reboot a few times » rebootings.

6. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

7. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.​

Hi there.

Updating from High Sierra to Mojave 14.2. Just one problem: Graphics.

Screen is just 1024 x 768. Maybe cant recognise my graphics card:
Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD

From Preferences I can do no change.

I configurate Multibest to a iMac 14.1.

Do I have to inject any kexts or add anything with Multibeast?

CPU: Intel Core i7 BX80623I72600K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 32 GB
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD

Back