Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Hi,

I updated directly from High Sierra via Appstore, and despite my old hardware, everything is OK.

The 2 little problems I had were :
- my High Sierra was on a HFS+ filesystem, so I didn't have apfs.efi in CLOVER/drivers64, which made it impossible to boot
- my core2quad doesn't have SSE4.2, so I had to replace com.apple.telemetry.plugin with one from HS
My Quadro K2000 doesn't need the web drivers, and audio works with VoodooHDA.

Very happy with my configuration, everything works smoothly :)

What Multibeast version am I supposed to use I don't see a Mojave version

Is there anyone with Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H who has upgraded to Mojave? recommendations? I still on Sierra and I want to update.
I have the same board.
Everything works but ethernet. Precious, precious ethernet. I don't understand what could have gone wrong. I have all the proper kexts from my high sierra install. Sad days.

I have the same board.
Everything works but ethernet. Precious, precious ethernet. I don't understand what could have gone wrong. I have all the proper kexts from my high sierra install. Sad days.
I'm testing with installed clean and in both the ethernet works ok, i have in Clover/Kext/Other both IntelMausiEthernet.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext, the only thing that I can't make to work is sleep/hibernation mode yet
I was testing doing a direct update from Sierra on a copy of CCC but I had too many issues.

I'm testing with installed clean and in both the ethernet works ok, i have in Clover/Kext/Other both IntelMausiEthernet.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext, the only thing that I can't make to work is sleep/hibernation mode yet
I was testing doing a direct update from Sierra on a copy of CCC but I had too many issues.

I take that back. I had to install the IntelE1000e in S/L/E and it started behaving nicely. My Atheros won't work though. But I don't really care much about that; I only really need one ethernet. I don't need to do any LACP or all that jazz. I have a small enough network.

As for sleep/hibernation, I never use it. My hackintosh runs a bunch of services (I use it as a server as well) so I've never really bothered tinkering with those issues. Good luck though.

Last edited:
Back