Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Nope, that's not the problem, considering I'm writing this reply from High Sierra (working perfectly) with the same HW, same cable and same monitor. The problem is Mojave, unfortunately
Post 1 mentions to post in mojave desktop support if you have issues

This is not a help thread

Thanks

Mojave runs great! I don't see any flickering anymore or other strange graphical artifacts. Looks like it runs smoother than High Sierra. Thx!

Mojave runs great! I don't see any flickering anymore or other strange graphical artifacts. Looks like it runs smoother than High Sierra. Thx!
This is the posts we like to see on this thread :)

or, when a user has an issue but then says what they done to rectify the issue, that is good as well

Post 1 mentions to post in mojave desktop support if you have issues

This is not a help thread

Thanks
You're right, the plans where indeed to just get the config.plist from those who got Mojave running on HD630 & KabyLake. Sorry

Follow the advice of jaymonkey. (The idea of having /10.13, /10.14 and so on folders in /Kexts is so that you can have different kexts for different versions of macOS--and there is no point in doing that. The only folder you should have in EFI/Clover/Kexts is "Other". Discard the other folders in /Kexts.) Yes, you'll need added kexts.

When you place kexts into (disk)/Library/Extensions you cannot just drop them in. Use KextBeast 2.0.2, and make sure that you install them into L/E -- and not S/L/E System/Library/Extensions, which is only for Apple installed kexts.

You should also fill out the information about your system in your member profile as required.

Hi, seems like you know a lot about kexts - and also have a similar mobo like I do - is USB3 and sound working in your case? I had this working in HS but in Mojave I cant figure it out :-S Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, tried Mojave AppleHDA Audio howto but I might be missing something... Still no audio device in sound output, maybe Multibeast 11 will solve this when released but so far I have a silent dark mode :banghead: Any hints pls?

EDIT: solved - I had bad lilu version in /L/E which overrided current version from CLOVER ...

Last edited:
Dell 9020USDT, upgrade went perfectly, I have a Dell USB Sound bar do I didn't work on getting the HDMI Audio working.

Installed fine from App Store on my Main Box , did not even have to remove any of my GFX cards this time.
Looks like it is working like it did in EC with dual cards. Just waiting on Nvidia driver. (using old 104 driver)
Sound was the only issue ALC1150 not working , just used AppleALC from Multibeast and it is all good.
This was a very smooth update , only took around 20min.

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 8.54.53 am.png

Upgraded to Mojave with out a problem. Installed through App Store as an upgrade. After the upgrade the sound still worked, USB 3 still worked, and since I just switched to a Radeon RX 580 video card from a Nvidia card my video works too. I should have switched to a Radeon card sooner. I never liked waiting for Nvidia to release web drivers for video and for CUDA. This was the easiest major system upgrade I have ever had on a Hackintosh.

Last edited:
I updated directly over a copy of MyHero II's High Sierra 10.13.6. First, I ran MulitBeast v10.4.0 to just update Clover. Then, I updated the network and USB kexts in /Library/Extensions folder. Rebooted, and I clone the HS disk including copying the EFI folder into the new disk's EFI partition. I downloaded the Mojave installer from the App Store and ran the installer.

I'll be using the Mojave installation only to test and get use to it. I will continue to use HS 10.13.6 until Mojave 10.14.3 comes out with all the major bugs worked out of the system.

Good luck! ..and have fun. :thumbup:

[ Revised*2 : and making short sentence for quick read ]

[Success ] Upgrading from High Sierra (10.13.5) to Mojave [ 10.14.1 public beta 4]

1) Spent "Date and Time " : Almost 4 Weeks

- To find out the stable and better code-quality ( Today, I am standing the beta 4 of Mojave 10.14.1 )
- To find out ( discover ) the short-steps of making "Normal Boot" operation certainly.

2) Pros++ and Cons-- :

++
Much more elegant, better design, and ease of use -- OSx 10.14 (Mojave)
Fine GUI performance of On-Board (HD530) - No need to have GTX1080TI for just GUI making
Good chance to think(find) about the cost-value of HD530(on-board graphic chip) for regular GUI operation

--
Gave-up to use GTX1080TI continuously, Fighting in the dark and amazing steps
Need to have the separation DASD world -- one is Mojave DASD only, the other is MIXED (Win10 Pro and Mojave)
Very Very Tired thru long-long-term testing/installation/detective
Very Poor package content/process for Mojave 10.14.1 public beta 5,but the package of beta 2, 3, 4 are very good.

3) The final goal to establish the Normal-booting on my Hacintosh equipment.

Thru my longterm-heavy testing, I would like to show you as below.
And I am very happy to share these items with all of you.
- I was surprised when I saw many APFS access error ( IMG_210.jpg). Just Few days ago, these error are warning.
The real reason (which force you the safe boot ) is inside - I have found recently.
- It was not difficult to use OSx on my Hacintosh, but now it is so very difficult that I spent much time for testing.

< Tips/Hints are here bellow - thru the content/inside of my Hacintosh definition >

~ The actual content of "64bit Driver , kext-others , kext--patches " in EFI folder -- Picked up from Clover r4700
~ Recommended " Clean-up action before shutdown/initialize of your Mojave system )
It is to use two free-applications [ CClear ( Pro version need pay) and Onyx(Maintenance menu) ]

And Last one is the BIOS setting ( inside of Motherboard ) for saving energy, This is natural but helpful for the Earth.
If the Apple inside coding finds that your Hacintosh is violated these specification, the boot steps is in slow-speed-mode and then time-up --- this is my experience ( not sure that another Hacintosh user can also apply these tips) )
~ OC Tweaker/CPU Configuration -- 181024112104.PDF and 181024112134.PDF
~ Advanced/CPU Configuration -- remains 2 PDF files
~ Hyper Threading Technology -- Should be "Disable"
~ Intel Speed Step -- don't care
~ IGFX on board OC setting ( maximum 1400MHz on my Z170M OC Formula )-- don't care

4) So what now - how/what I am thinking
My impression thru the heavy work for Mojave Installation:
It was the easily maintenance til the High Sierra (HS 10.13.5 ), but after moved in HS 10.13.6 and Mojave I feel that I have moved from the Heaven ( of Hacintosh ) to the Hell .
>> None ( or poor ) of nVidia Web driver - My GTX1080Ti board has already gone
I really think whether alternative PCIex16 GPU ( AMD RX570, Vega 56, GTX780 etc) should be purchased or NOT.
The GUI operation (HD530: Overclocking to 1400 MHz) is so fast that I do not need to buy PCIe graphic board -
Except some Web application (that need some heavy load on GPU) : Ex. Googlemap - route setting
Finaly, I decided to continue the use of my motherboard with best overclokcing (CPU/Cache 4.4GHz,GPU 1400MHz)
>> Saving-Energy Policy ( like Mac Book Pro - even though your Hacintosh is X86 DesktopPC) seems active Mojave inside.
>> Expensive of Intel newer Processor ( i7-9900K, -9700K ), and much more expensive of newer GTX2080Ti
Therefore, it is the signal for moving hand-made-PC ( Hacintosh : by Older chip technology - 12~14nm ) to coming newer 2018 iPad-Pro ( 7nm chip technology ).

Best regards.

Attachments

• IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
  • drivers64bitUEFI 2018-10-23 .png
    drivers64bitUEFI 2018-10-23 .png
    87.5 KB · Views: 124
  • kext patches 2018-10-23.png
    kext patches 2018-10-23.png
    183.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Other-folder in kext 2018-10-23 .png
    Other-folder in kext 2018-10-23 .png
    49.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Helpful tool for clean-up of my Hacintosh 2018-10-23.png
    Helpful tool for clean-up of my Hacintosh 2018-10-23.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Run Tasks on Onyx Maintenance menu  2018-10-23.png
    Run Tasks on Onyx Maintenance menu 2018-10-23.png
    143.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 181024112104.pdf
    827 KB · Views: 84
  • 181024112134.pdf
    819.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 181024112148.pdf
    831.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 181024112159.pdf
    819.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Does anybody know if this guide works for updating from Sierra to Mojave? I never bothered updating to High Sierra.

Back