Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

It's best to wait for the Nivida Mojave drivers to be released.
Not that I'm aware of.

Unfortunately I didn't listen, I uninstalled Nvidia web drivers from settings, then updated to 10.13.6. Then successfully upgraded to 10.14 with no errors. GTX 7xx and 6xx are fully supported without Nvidia web drivers.

Can you assist with hiding Preboot partition?

Can you assist with hiding Preboot partition?
Clover Wiki - Hide

preboot.png

Updated Clover to latest version and my "Other" folder kexts with latest WhateverGreen, Lilu and AppleALC then updated from App Store, 25-30 minutes, only one reboot.

Had to re-enable via Terminal the subpixel anti-aliasing. Had to patch port limit for 10.14 inside Clover Configurator. Unfortunately I had to unplug my GTX 1060 and now I'm trying to sell it to buy a RX 580. :rolleyes:

Nothing broken, everything works even the automatic partial language switch to english happened before at each update this time isn't happened. Startup time is almost the same (1-2 secs more than High Sierra, but I'm not sure). The system seems more speedy.

Conclusion: Easier update.

tbFEltr.png

Last edited:
Success! Followed the steps and worked like a charm. Got RX 480 video card, Intel Core™ i5-7600, Gigabyte GA-H270-HD3 and a Samsung SSD.

Was honestly expecting to get in trouble with this update.

Thanks to this simple guide I was able to update my hackintosh to Mojave without problems, obviously after updating you have to reinstall some kext (I had to reinstall only those of WiFi and audio) and you have to do a KextToPatch to fix the USB 3.0

did NOT update Clover , update directly from App store on High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14 and now everything working View attachment 353889

View attachment 354344 Hi,
Updated to 14.1 beta, it took a very long time
Would you mind posting your EFI folder?

Last edited:
What would happen if I used 10.14 instead of Other? .... The update won't work? ..... Because some guides use exact numbers and some use Other and I still don't get it.

@Royi,

If you put them in "Other" they will be injected no matter what MacOS version, or if you boot the installer or recovery tools, the only reason to use a folder with a specific OSX version is if you have multiple versions of MacOS that require different kexts.

how come the Kext's aren't needed once the system is stable?
I thought the Kext's make it work.

Once your system is stable and booting from your system drive (not via USB) remove all 3rd party kexts from the Clover/Kexts/Other folder and install them in the /Library/Extensions folder on your system drive including FakeSMC (use KextBeast from the downloads section if you don't know how to do it using terminal commands), but leave a copy of FakeSMC in Clover/Kexts/Other. This way the MacOS kernel can access the kexts and cache them properly. Kext's injected by Clover live outside the MacOS Kernel.

Injecting all your 3rd party kext's via clover is not good for system stability as the kernel can not access them.

Cheers
Jay

Seems more likely this is related to cabling, suggest you check your video connections and video cable.
It is not, considering that I have right now High Sierra booted from my SSD with same cable and same monitor and not having a single problem. I'm indeed running Mojave for "test purpose" on the HDD, and I have that problem

Seems more likely this is related to cabling, suggest you check your video connections and video cable.
Nope, that's not the problem, considering I'm writing this reply from High Sierra (working perfectly) with the same HW, same cable and same monitor. The problem is Mojave, unfortunately

Back