Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Do you think you'll be making Unibeast for macOS Mojave? I can't seam to upgrade following this guide. It just kernel panics. Unibeast just seams to always work for me.

Thank You so much for everything!

Worked for me on Clover 4458 as well as no keks update at all (from High Sierra 10.13.5) ... everything works but bluetooth ... BCM943602CS ... Does anyone have this wifi/Bluetooth module working?
Update: got Bluetooth working ... but now cant sign in to iMessage ...

Last edited:
I followed the instructions as listed but now my hackintosh won't boot. I have several back ups with CCC and I can't boot from them either. I'm able to get clover but regarless of the option (drive) I choose it won't boot. What did I do wrong and what should I do.
Thanks

I updated directly over a copy of MyHero II's High Sierra 10.13.6. First, I ran MulitBeast v10.4.0 to just update Clover. Then, I updated the network and USB kexts in /Library/Extensions folder. Rebooted, and I clone the HS disk including copying the EFI folder into the new disk's EFI partition. I downloaded the Mojave installer from the App Store and ran the installer.

I'll be using the Mojave installation only to test and get use to it. I will continue to use HS 10.13.6 until Mojave 10.14.3 comes out with all the major bugs worked out of the system.

Good luck! ..and have fun. :thumbup:

I am worried about Nvidia GTX770 will it work on 10.14...so far i have updated Clover & Kexts

Is it possible to update without using APFS

Last edited:
I am worried about Nvidia GTX770 will it work on 10.14...so far i have updated Clover & Kexts
It's best to wait for the Nivida Mojave drivers to be released.
Is it possible to update without using APFS
Not that I'm aware of.

Finally I can report about my update, got 3 problems overall.
  • At first stage - update stuck. Needs to disable SuperIO ports, after that update was successful. No any problems during update.
  • No audio. I used Multibeast 10.4 and just checked AppleALC, then restored original AppleHDA via Pacifist. Audio now works as usually well.
  • Hard system freezes. Installed WhateverGreen. Tested 3 days, no problems.
It's so cool that on such old hardware I have everything working well and still can be updated to the latest macOS.

Last edited:
Updated too on my Hack from 10.13.6.

ASRock Extreme 4 Z370, RX560, 8600K, 960 EVO NVME, latest BIOS (with 9 series support).

To get it all working:

Updated all my kexts (Lilu, WhateverGreen, FakeSMC) before update.
Updated Clover.
Updated USB Port Limit Patch (83FB0F0F 83030500 00 - 83FB0F90 90909090 90)

Removed: FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext (Audio stopped working)
Added AppleALC - config.plist Audio Inject 11 to get audio back.
Deleted com.apple.PowerManagement files in /Library/Preferences/ (Sort out sleep/sleep reboot issues)

Note: Accidentally removed WhateverGreen - black screen after boot and no boot flags would solve that issue.

Boot args (working): -rad4200 shikigva=4 darkwake=8 dart=0

Everything working...!

Successful update from Sierra (10.12.6) to Mojave...
Everything working, except Nvidia GT730 HDMI Audio...
I don't know about Metal support (my Hardware info doesn't show Metal support line), and I think my dock and menu bar are both more solid than Sierra (acceleration support?)

Last edited:
Back