Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

True; but as nVidia removed the drivers from their website - which I did not perceive as a good sign - I'm glad they'll continue to support Macs. Not necessarily a given thing considering Apple's clear preference for AMD

update done. everything is working. graphics, audio, wifi.
Screenshot 2018-09-30 at 12.52.31 AM.png

After always problems with every High Sierra version on my UHD Graphics 630 (Always problems with glitches and acceleration) finally Mojave fixed everything on my system

Updated successfully from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14.

My system requirements are :

Motherboard : Z370 HD3p
RAM : 8 Gb Corsair 2400
Processor : i3 8100
Graphics : Intel UHD 630 graphics
SSD : Crucial 250 GB

I've noticed Chrome works very slow in Mojave. Also certain websites don't render properly now. It seems to render the page in a tile like pattern and just flashes each block in this tile pattern as you move your mouse (but only on certain sites). Also CPU usage is very high for Chrome. I guess an update from Google is required as I'm already on the latest build of Chrome.

Finally I noticed some graphical glitches in Safari. Randomly tabs stop rendering, but only the tab title. They go black.

I have exactly same issues. I think this is due to Nvidia drivers as those weren't updated. I had to revert back to HS as for now Mojave is unusable for me.

I'm thinking the same, but reverting means complete reinstall right?
No if you did Time Machine backup before upgrade. I have restarted in recovery mode and selected latest TM backup. Works like a charm.

The Upgrade from HighSierra to Mojave worked... just followed the guide and did the following:

1. Updated Clover
2. Updated fakeSMC
3. Installed Mojave through App Store
4. Rebooted a lot
5. Had to select Install OS from Clover on one of the reboots

Tests:
Fortnite still runs a solid 20fps :(
Bluetooth and Logic Remote Still work
iMesssage working
FontSmoothing was already turned on for my non-retina displays (If you have a non-retina display, you may want to anti-alias your fonts.)

Issues:
Broken Sound, probably Easy Fix

New Stuff:
I recommend reading this:
https://arstechnica.com/features/2018/09/macos-10-14-mojave-the-ars-technica-review/

Back