Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Need some help here.

At step 5, choose Boot macOS Install option but nothing happen (black screen). Choose Boot macOS is black screen as well. Now I am stuck.

NVM. Found a thread with this topic.

Same issue here. What is your thread you are talking about ? A link plz ?

EDIT : solved. AptioMemory missing after clover update. Boot from USB, copy paste missing file, reboot and works.

Last edited:
Reactions: csw
What about boot duration with APFS on NVMe drives, is it better? I'm thinking about switching back to SATA SSD tbh.

did NOT update Clover , update directly from App store on High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave 10.14 and now everything working
Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 3.37.00 PM.png

Update went pretty smooth. Mojave doesn't support my Atheros wifi card, but I was able to work around the issue by using High Sierra kext.
same here How to extract high Sierra kext for wifi.

I have updated from HS, but having some strange problems.
Sometimes when I try to open a application, it would say it is damaged, and when I try it again it works.
Also when I try the screen recording first couple times it will say "your screen recording can’t be saved."

anyone else have problems like this ?

Still not a help thread guys, please create a new post in desktop support if you need help

Thanks

Updated successfully through the store. Performance seems to have degraded. High Sierra was very performant on my setup. Maybe my setup is simply getting too old for newer macOS versions. The 'Reduce Motion' and 'Reduce Transparency' in Settings > Accessibility definitely helps but still not as fast as High Sierra.

I've noticed Chrome works very slow in Mojave. Also certain websites don't render properly now. It seems to render the page in a tile like pattern and just flashes each block in this tile pattern as you move your mouse (but only on certain sites). Also CPU usage is very high for Chrome. I guess an update from Google is required as I'm already on the latest build of Chrome.

Finally I noticed some graphical glitches in Safari. Randomly tabs stop rendering, but only the tab title. They go black.

I successfully updated my machine to macOS Mojave with the following steps:
1. checked boot volume with
Code:
fsck_apfs -n -l -x /dev/rdisk1s1
before updating
2. updated Clover to 4674 via Clover Configurator and selected the following new drivers in the installer: "/drivers64UEFI/drivers64UEFI/AppleKeyFeeder-64.efi", "/drivers64UEFI/ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" and "/drivers64UEFI/AppleImageLoader-64.efi"
3. removed "/drivers64UEFI/apfs.efi" (this is the apfs.efi file I previously updated manually with every OS update)
4. updated system to 10.13.4 (18A391) via the App Store
5. Wi-Fi was broken after the update because apparently macOS Mojave does no longer support my TP-Link TL-WDN4800 N900 Dual Band PCI-E Adapter card
6. I temporarily put a High Sierra kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext with Kext Utility but will replace my Wi-Fi card with a supported BCM943602CS card soon.

Apart from that everything seems to run perfectly smooth with macOS Mojave so far.

Full update history on my build page.

Back