Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

No problems at all on my low end Haswell i3 EconoMac 2, but as it was already running Mojave betas I knew I would be okay.

The only issues with upgrading my PowerMac G5 were that it was running a TP-Link WiFi card (no longer supported) which I replaced with a homebrew WiFi card using an Apple Macbook Pro card and a PCI-e adaptor prior to the Mojave upgrade of High Sierra. After the upgrade Preview/Quickview no longer worked, which was a known issue. I solved it by changing my SMBIOS from iMac 14,2 to iMac Pro (2017) and now both work as they should again. Some advised solving this problem by enabling the Intel iGPU, but that's not an option when running a Xeon CPU, which is why I went the SMBIOS route. All in all, not as painless as other macOS releases but not all that difficult either.

My PC using Bios profile Mac Pro 8.1 (Core i5 Sandy Bridge) and runing 10.13.1, i can not download Mojave in App Store (The error: This version can not run on current system).
If i change to another profile by using Clover. PC can not start up (Freeze in boot time).
What should i do ? Please help me.

My PC using Bios profile Mac Pro 8.1 (Core i5 Sandy Bridge) and runing 10.13.1, i can not download Mojave in App Store (The error: This version can not run on current system).
If i change to another profile by using Clover. PC can not start up (Freeze in boot time).
have you tried using iMac 14,2?

Please open a new help thread in Mojave Desktop support. This may take awhile to solve.

This guide does not mention Nvidia Geforce Web Driver for Mojave; do we not need those drivers anymore?

Thanks for your suggest. I will try it tonight. I read list Mac PC which supported upgrade to Mojave and it said that Mojave only support for Mac PC from 2012.

This guide does not mention Nvidia Geforce Web Driver for Mojave; do we not need those drivers anymore?

Mojave Web Drivers are not available yet. Users have updated HS drivers but there is no acceleration. It may be awhile before they are released.

I have updated from Sierra to Mojave directly. Without any errors/issues :) Updated clover first, then to Mojave.

Only thing that is not working is my GPU (Gtx 960) as long as the webdrivers are not published yet.
Another thing is sleep, but I will look for a fix later. Otherwise it works like a charm :)

Is your hard drive APFS now? Anything you had to do before updating? Or did you simply just download from the App Store and install?

I did not realized how bright High Sierra was until now, WOW! dark mode makes a huge difference when working at night, running like a champ on my HP EliteBook 840 G1 with everything working, wifi, sound, bluetooth, sleep etc...
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 12.58.42 AM.png

Last edited:
Noob here. Should I update considering the fact that I have a GT 710? From what I know the 710 is natively supported but I'm still afraid to do so. Should I just bite the bullet or wait for the webdrivers to come out? Currently on 10.13.4

Back