Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Mojave

Noob here. Should I update considering the fact that I have a GT 710? From what I know the 710 is natively supported but I'm still afraid to do so. Should I just bite the bullet or wait for the webdrivers to come out? Currently on 10.13.4

My gt710 works in Mojave, native drivers work ok. Is it a DDR3 model, the GDDR5 models may need web drivers. It runs good but openCl apps like geekbench and Luxmark crash. But OpenGL apps like Cinebench and Uningine are fine. Everything seems fine when browsing, YouTube, chrome etc...

I've just update my desktop build
MB: ASUS H170PRO
CPU: i7-6600
GPU: HD530
kext: FakeSMC,Lilu,Whatevergreen,appleALC,voodoPS2,RTL8111 (all later version)

system works correctly except for sleep.
Selecting "stop" from menu it goes in power-off state.
I need to understand this.

I've just update my desktop build
MB: ASUS H170PRO
CPU: i7-6600
GPU: HD530
kext: FakeSMC,Lilu,Whatevergreen,appleALC,voodoPS2,RTL8111 (all later version)

system works correctly except for sleep.
Selecting "stop" from menu it goes in power-off state.
I need to understand this.

try delete all the PowerManagement* Preferences located at
Code:
/Library/Preferences
reboot

Is your hard drive APFS now? Anything you had to do before updating? Or did you simply just download from the App Store and install?

I have the exact same question, is there anything to know specifically when updating from Sierra instead of High Sierra ? Mainly due to APFS ?

thanks !

What happens if after the installer app reboots my Hackntosh, I get told that my "Target Disk is Too Small"?

After the update my only issue was audio.

I had to remove CodecCommander.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Make sure to update all your kexts in the Others folder to their latest versions.

For Intel IGPU HDMI/DP audio make sure you have useIntelHDMI selected under devices tab in clover.

If you have ACL1220 audio change audio ID in devices inject audio to 2 i had it set to 1 on High Sierra.

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 11.09.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.44.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Noob here. Should I update considering the fact that I have a GT 710? From what I know the 710 is natively supported but I'm still afraid to do so. Should I just bite the bullet or wait for the webdrivers to come out? Currently on 10.13.4
go ahead:thumbup:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 2.33.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-27 at 2.33.38 PM.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 539
Hello. No one has brakes in the UI? When you change the screen or even maximize the window, everything slows down.
387.10.10.10.40.105 installed.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2018-09-27 в 12.33.58.png
    Снимок экрана 2018-09-27 в 12.33.58.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 447
Yes, my drive is APFS now.

Only thing I did is updated clover to latest and copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ That becuase I have updated from Sierra to Mojave.

Check this topic (step 3).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

Otherwise I haven't done anything special.

This is what I was afraid of. I am not convinced my system runs well with APFS. I had it once and it appeared sluggish and strange. I've asked in the forums how to go about preventing it from converting, but I didn't get any replies. I am very skeptical about running APFS for many reasons.

Back