i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1060
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Howdy.
This is not a request for help, just a field report.

I "Updated" my High Sierra machine to Mojave, as docimented.
Then I ran MultiBeast one time, as in the attachment.

OS update ran fine. Most things work ok.
Green Audio ports do not work. I see the Mojave audio instructions, but the Video also has some serious artifacts. Moving and Resizing windows is very ugly. Screen can freeze until I click the mouse.

Next week, I will likely throw a different drive into the box and try to a clean install with Mojave.

This is just one data-point, but it's mine.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte H61M D3V
CPU
Intel i3-3240
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm trying to update from HS to Mojave. Updated the Clover, downloaded the Installer and let it run. It automatically restarted my machine and everything seemed to be going fine.
However, once the HS Partition on the Bootloader is selected, it shows me the Apple logo, the loading bar appears, stands there for 2 minutes and then my monitor goes to "Sleep" mode, while my machine's components run just fine.

Tried restarted, but had no luck.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GT640

Any ideas what might be wrong? :/

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
I'm trying to update from HS to Mojave. Updated the Clover, downloaded the Installer and let it run. It automatically restarted my machine and everything seemed to be going fine.
However, once the HS Partition on the Bootloader is selected, it shows me the Apple logo, the loading bar appears, stands there for 2 minutes and then my monitor goes to "Sleep" mode, while my machine's components run just fine.

See Post #18 here.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
@Stork -

I built my first Hackintosh using your Maximus Hero X build guide. Its gone great - thanks for the guide ! :thumbup: - although I opted for a HFS+ install over APFS (I read various posts about potential future issues with APFS that put me off which is why I opted out)

I would like to upgrade my machine to Mojave but I'm slightly terrified at the same time as my machine is really solid.

If i update to Mojave its going to convert my drive to APFS - Im kinda thinking that there is no way to avoid this in the long term as Apple are pushing it pretty hard now with no HFS+ update options available

If I do update my machine to Mojave will I be able to use your steps in this thread?

As I don't have a apfs.efi file in my clover EFI directory as I don't need it so I've never had it. Would you recommend putting the Mojave one from here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/ in the directory so when the file system is converted it will be able to boot from apfs?

Now that Mojave is on 14.3 is this apfs file going to work the same as there is only 1 version available on this link (14.0)

Sorry the the barrage of questions!

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
CPU
i7-4770k
Graphics
intel graphic HD
updated from high sierra, clover boot version: 4936. Everything works well currently

Last edited:
Motherboard
AsRock H87 Fatal1ty
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770k
Graphics
PowerColor RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other

Have you checked using nv_disable?

Motherboard
ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)
CPU
i7
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Just updated to Mojave after a full back-up of High Sierra.

Installation was a breeze (didn't even have to select Boot macOS Install as it did so automagically). So for me it was just literally clicking the install button and everything went fine.

Sound was not working (but this was expected), so downloaded the High Sierra Multibeast installed the AppleALC kext and it works just fine (my sound boxes are directly connected to the green audioport on my Mobo).
Same with USB, installed USBInject with Multibeast and worked just fine after a restart.

Updated after the second attempt.
I made a disk image with clonezilla (just to be on the safe side).
I then inserted the necessary kext files into the EFI folder, and updated clover to the latest and then ran the update...no luck...it just failed after a restart.
I went back to my backup, and tried again.
Copied the kext files and installed clover through High Sierra multibeast. And then I ran the update...worked flawlessly after a few restarts.

Hardware:
Board: Gigabyte H97M-D3H
CPU: i7 4790k
GFX: PowerColor Radeon RX 580 8GB
SSD: Toshiba 128gb SSD

View attachment 355564
Hey @slead,

Would I be able to get your EFI folder, as you have the same setup as me and I'm going crazy trying to figure out what's going wrong!

Cheers

CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 730
Upgrade from full working installation of High-Sierra. No problems, no freezes, everything is working fine like in HS. Runs like charm! Thanks for the guide!

Motherboard
Dell 15-3567
CPU
i3-7130U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
Mac mini
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Just updated my seven year old B75M-D3P High Sierra to Mojave. I used a previously downloaded 10.14.3 Install app and the recent 10.14.6 Combo update. Like to be about a year behind the “cutting edge”. Installed Clover r4924 & up-to-date kexts and cloned High Sierra (HFS) to a new APFS formatted SSD before starting the procedure.

FakeSMC and Network kexts are in clover/kexts/other and Library/Extensions.
USBInjectAll, AirPortAtheros40, FakePCIID & FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts are in Library/Extensions.

Upon restart, sleep was broken (shutdown instead of sleep) and WiFi would not turn on. Fixed sleep with this solution: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sleep-shutdown.260947/
Fixed WiFi with this solution: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-all-atheros-on-mojave.268936/

All appears well - don’t do messages, facetime or iTunes movies.