CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
HD 630, GT 1030
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
Anyway, I got the Internal GPU Intel HD 4600 working in Mojave. Just needed to inject Intel graphics and add the VendorID of 0x0412. Nothing special - it just works and no artifacts. :)
Same here vicrod74 I have on my HP laptop HD 4600 and works great with intel hd

Motherboard
GigaByte-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1060
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Howdy.
This is not a request for help, just a field report.

I "Updated" my High Sierra machine to Mojave, as docimented.
Then I ran MultiBeast one time, as in the attachment.

OS update ran fine. Most things work ok.
Green Audio ports do not work. I see the Mojave audio instructions, but the Video also has some serious artifacts. Moving and Resizing windows is very ugly. Screen can freeze until I click the mouse.

Next week, I will likely throw a different drive into the box and try to a clean install with Mojave.

This is just one data-point, but it's mine.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte H61M D3V
CPU
Intel i3-3240
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I'm trying to update from HS to Mojave. Updated the Clover, downloaded the Installer and let it run. It automatically restarted my machine and everything seemed to be going fine.
However, once the HS Partition on the Bootloader is selected, it shows me the Apple logo, the loading bar appears, stands there for 2 minutes and then my monitor goes to "Sleep" mode, while my machine's components run just fine.

Tried restarted, but had no luck.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GT640

Any ideas what might be wrong? :/

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
I'm trying to update from HS to Mojave. Updated the Clover, downloaded the Installer and let it run. It automatically restarted my machine and everything seemed to be going fine.
However, once the HS Partition on the Bootloader is selected, it shows me the Apple logo, the loading bar appears, stands there for 2 minutes and then my monitor goes to "Sleep" mode, while my machine's components run just fine.

Tried restarted, but had no luck.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GT640

Any ideas what might be wrong? :/
See Post #18 here.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
@Stork -

I built my first Hackintosh using your Maximus Hero X build guide. Its gone great - thanks for the guide ! :thumbup: - although I opted for a HFS+ install over APFS (I read various posts about potential future issues with APFS that put me off which is why I opted out)

I would like to upgrade my machine to Mojave but I'm slightly terrified at the same time as my machine is really solid.

If i update to Mojave its going to convert my drive to APFS - Im kinda thinking that there is no way to avoid this in the long term as Apple are pushing it pretty hard now with no HFS+ update options available

If I do update my machine to Mojave will I be able to use your steps in this thread?

As I don't have a apfs.efi file in my clover EFI directory as I don't need it so I've never had it. Would you recommend putting the Mojave one from here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/ in the directory so when the file system is converted it will be able to boot from apfs?

Now that Mojave is on 14.3 is this apfs file going to work the same as there is only 1 version available on this link (14.0)

Sorry the the barrage of questions!

Last edited: