Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to install macOS High Sierra update using downloaded file from Apple website? or is it necessary to update it using Mac App Store?

Is it possible to install macOS High Sierra update using downloaded file from Apple website? or is it necessary to update it using Mac App Store?
either will work

Looking for EFI mounter v3, FakeSMC.kext and MultiBeast download links? Kindly help.

Not sure exactly what it is you're trying to accomplish, but give these a try. I actually surfaced these just last night, so I could use Terminal to mount EFI and boot into Recovery Mode, to fix a corrupted disk. Worked like a charm.

Attachments

• EFI_Kexts_DiskUtilRecoveryMode.zip
    404.2 KB · Views: 109
Big sigh. So I'm still on High Sierra 10.13.6, but my computer just followed through with a "Security Update," yesterday. Was cautious, but let it go through. I know, my bad. After the update, I reset my computer twice and everything was fine, both times. No concerns. So I continued using my computer as normal. Then I came back to my computer this morning, no longer fine. My computer isn't recognizing any of my other devices, only my boot drive, so I am only able to log into the Troubleshooting account I have on said boot drive. I have a backup of everything from a few days ago, but I was working on a rather exhausting programming assignment last night that I really don't want to lose.

Is there a thread on this issue that I have been unable to find? If there is, could I please be directed towards it?

Thank you.

Otherwise, for anyone else who MAY end up experiencing this issue, I shortly thereafter discovered that I was able to see the HDD when opening up Disk Util via my OS X High Sierra Install USB. So I used that to mount the HDD, and it connected just fine.

Kexts placed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ will be accessible by all versions of macOS.
Kexts placed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/ will only be accessible by macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

It should be possible to upgrade from 10.11.6 straight to 10.13.

With your CPU, using iMac14,1 or iMac14,2 is probably a better choice than MacPro3,1. You can change it by editing your config.plist.

I don't see where I change the Computer ID to iMac14,1 in my config.
Any idea how to do it?

Any idea how to do it?
You can change it easily with the Clover Configurator. Check any Youtube tutorial, you will find it easily

Any idea how to do it?
Use MultiBeast to just select your Computer ID (System Definition):
Customize -> System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,1​
Build > Install​
Reboot​

MultiBeast not only changes the Computer ID, but changes the System Definition so that your config.plist has all the needed iMac14,1 characteristics, too. IMO, it's easier to do this change in MultiBeast than Clover Configurator.

Hello!

Looking for some help here with updating from El Capitan to the most current OS, which I believe is High Sierra. Reason being, I run a recording studio and need to update my DAW, Cubase, (along with a bunch of other plug ins) to the latest version which is apparently not compatible with El Capitan. I'm not a pro at Hackintosh builds/upgrades, as the only build I've done was mine and it was 4 years ago and I just followed the instructions on here.

Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction before I start, if I follow the above directions will it work fine? Is there anything different I need to do with my build? I know some can differ based upon what parts you used etc. Thank you ahead of time you smart strangers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back