Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success: El Capitan to High Sierra in 2020, without conversion to APFS.

Used dosdude to download a copy of High Sierra.

Clover:
Removed nvda_drv and Intel injection, drop MATS table, enabled NvidiaWeb

Installer boots and installs, restarting a couple times, took less than 30 mins.

Boots with funny graphics 7mb since old web drivers doesn’t work. WiFi dongle still works, used internet to install App Store updates. Updated to 17G66 and most web drivers don't install on this, so needed to use bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.40.113 to install nvidia drivers, driver on menu bar says it's inactive, but system information does display it correctly.

USB3 works after patching below

Hackintosh 10.13.6 USB Patch
High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB patch to get all USB/USB3 ports recognized and working. You will also need the USBInjectAll.kext

1. Mount EFI Partition with Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/
  3. Right-click open config.plist with Clover Configurator
  4. Click Kernel and Kext Patches under SECTIONS of Clover Configurator
  5. Click the “+” button near the bottom to add this patch:
    • Name*: com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
    • Find* [HEX]: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
    • Replace* [HEX]: 837D880F 90909090 9090
    • Comment: USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart
    • MatchOS: 10.13.x
  6. Save config.plist

Update seems to be completed but i have a macOS Install Data folder on HDD and clover boot still sees a Install MacOS, is it safe to delete that folder?

Multibeast:
-100/200/300 series audio, although i don't use onboard audio
-FakeSMC and plugins
-Nvidia Graphics Fixup

Am I missing any kexts to optimise?

Last edited:
Big sigh. So I'm still on High Sierra 10.13.6, but my computer just followed through with a "Security Update," yesterday. Was cautious, but let it go through. I know, my bad. After the update, I reset my computer twice and everything was fine, both times. No concerns. So I continued using my computer as normal. Then I came back to my computer this morning, no longer fine. My computer isn't recognizing any of my other devices, only my boot drive, so I am only able to log into the Troubleshooting account I have on said boot drive. I have a backup of everything from a few days ago, but I was working on a rather exhausting programming assignment last night that I really don't want to lose.

Is there a thread on this issue that I have been unable to find? If there is, could I please be directed towards it?

Thank you.

Is there a thread on this issue that I have been unable to find?
At the Clover boot screen press F11 - The system will restart.
At the Clover boot screen press F3 to show all available disks.

At the Clover boot screen press F11 - The system will restart.
At the Clover boot screen press F3 to show all available disks.

Nah, seeing my MacOS Boot in Clover isn't the problem. It's after I boot it..
See... First Route: (Trying the new MacOS Install that just showed up as my primary)

20200604_172434.jpg

20200604_172610.jpg

Second Route: (Trying my usual Boot MacOS from OSX (My SSD Boot Drive))

20200604_172445.jpg

20200604_172910.jpg

And upon using my Troubleshooting account to check for the Hard Disk....
20200604_172257.jpg

My "Cat" account is located on a second hardrive, HDD entitled "Accounts," linked to the OS via "User & Group Settings". My "Troubleshooting" account is located directly on the boot SSD, "OSX". I am of course having no trouble logging into "Troubleshooting." I know that I am getting this login error because it is no longer recognizing my HDD, and this information is confirmed when I login to "Troubleshooting," check the left toolbar under "Devices" ("Accounts HDD should be present) in Finder, and check the left toolbar under "Internal" in Disk Utility. The disk is also not not showing up when I use 'diskutil list' in Terminal. Uhg. I have 2 shiny new, currently vacant SSDs that I know I could move data around on to retrieve last night's work, but oof, if there's an easier option, I'll take it.

if there's an easier option
The resources cannot be found error can usually be circumvented by disconnecting all other drives while you complete the update.

Looking for EFI mounter v3, FakeSMC.kext and MultiBeast download links? Kindly help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back