Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody. I'm on Sierra at the moment but I need to update to High Sierra because a software compatibility issue.
One little doubt: having an SSD and an HDD, I suppose I will have to continue with the HSF+. Right?

Thanks for the link, I was following another thread. So, I guess your answer is yes, I should keep using HSF+. As I read, the HDD would become very slow after the conversion so I won't risk it. Will do a complete backup and hope for the best, since I had quite a few issues on my first build, mainly because of my motherboard.

Just one more thing: like i mentioned before I have 1 SSD (startup disk) and 1 HDD. Do you recommend backing up only the SSD or both with CCC? Thanks in advance.

Just one more thing: like i mentioned before I have 1 SSD (startup disk) and 1 HDD. Do you recommend backing up only the SSD or both with CCC? Thanks in advance.

Just the SSD is enough.

I get to step 5:

5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

and terminal says

...I have read and agree to the terms of the software license agreement.

Type A and press return to agree: mycomputer:~ me$ A

-bash: A: command not found

How is "A" not found? They just told me to type "A"!?!?

We can't tell what step 5 you're talking about.

Use the link @Feartech posted. There are two options. I like to do it from Terminal after booting the installer (it says *may* work, but that info is old - it works).

We can't tell what step 5 you're talking about.

Use the link @Feartech posted. There are two options. I like to do it from Terminal after booting the installer (it says *may* work, but that info is old - it works).

I have the step 5 in question in my post. "5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot." Terminal won't let me agree so I'm stuck.

Oh I see it now. OP of this thread.

The reason it's not working for you is that these instructions don't include the additional '--agreetolicense' flag in the command line. It will skip the prompt.

For everybody who has problems updating with a 5690X !:!

- update your clover with all drivers you need (the ones you already had in your Sierra driver folder)
- follow post 1# and don't forget to add apfs.efi to the drivers folder
- update your kexts
- try the attached config.plist <-- IT SAVED MY ASS :headbang:

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back