Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks you for the useful guide. It eventually worked for my GA-Z77N-WIFI after some 'dead ends'! I used the APFS route.

In my view the safest approach is to use Multibeast recommended for High Sierra. I would avoid using the latest Clover approach (from sourceforge.net) as it disabled my boot up (I could not even get into my complete system backup USB drive). Thanks to my original Sierra USB install USB I was able to boot back to my Sierra system drive and fixed Clover by using MultiBeast 10.4.0!

One thing: the whole process took at least 3.5 hours!!!

Thanks for the guide, i'm following the HFS+ version but by the time i get to step 6 my OS X Sierra drive disappears from Clover boot manager (v. 5099) and a High Sierra install drive doesn't show up either. I'm now stuck with various windows partitions with no way to access OS X, is there any way around this? I have FakeSMC in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and can see/edit my EFI partition directly from windows if that helps.

Hello everybody. I'm on Sierra at the moment but I need to update to High Sierra because a software compatibility issue.
One little doubt: having an SSD and an HDD, I suppose I will have to continue with the HSF+. Right?

Hello everybody. I'm on Sierra at the moment but I need to update to High Sierra because a software compatibility issue.
One little doubt: having an SSD and an HDD, I suppose I will have to continue with the HSF+. Right?

Thanks for the link, I was following another thread. So, I guess your answer is yes, I should keep using HSF+. As I read, the HDD would become very slow after the conversion so I won't risk it. Will do a complete backup and hope for the best, since I had quite a few issues on my first build, mainly because of my motherboard.

Just one more thing: like i mentioned before I have 1 SSD (startup disk) and 1 HDD. Do you recommend backing up only the SSD or both with CCC? Thanks in advance.

Just one more thing: like i mentioned before I have 1 SSD (startup disk) and 1 HDD. Do you recommend backing up only the SSD or both with CCC? Thanks in advance.

Just the SSD is enough.

I get to step 5:

5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

and terminal says

...I have read and agree to the terms of the software license agreement.

Type A and press return to agree: mycomputer:~ me$ A

-bash: A: command not found

How is "A" not found? They just told me to type "A"!?!?

We can't tell what step 5 you're talking about.

Use the link @Feartech posted. There are two options. I like to do it from Terminal after booting the installer (it says *may* work, but that info is old - it works).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back