Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
ii really am stuck doing the update it resstarts comes to load bar with apple logo and gets near end and stays there for ages any ideas ?

ii really am stuck doing the update it resstarts comes to load bar with apple logo and gets near end and stays there for ages any ideas ?
None.

You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

is the fresh install easier then update? im frozen on apple loadin bar near the end stuck

UniBeast and MultiBeast users-

MultiBeast 9.2.1 is incompatible with APFS drives, but works with HFS+. We will be releasing updated versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast and a full UniBeast installation guide in the near future.
is MultiBeast still incompatible with APFS drives? I'm trying to get my Series 6 w/ GTX680 to work on High Sierra with a SSD formatted to APFS.

9464ED39-6354-4631-8541-D7B7E082E32C.png 88089F4E-2F03-421A-9E4F-22599090D234.png
"Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD" is left over from your previous installation (unless you're installing). Just select "Boot from Macintosh HD" (or something like that).

During the installation for Sierra & High Sierra, the installing process boots three times:
- Two times from "Boot macOS Install from..."
- Last time from "Boot from Install Drive" which is your "Macintosh HD".​

Hopefully, that answered your question.
@Stork, I appreciate the reply. But I’m still getting the same issue. I try to run the downloaded “Install MacOS High Sierra” that was downloaded on my machine from the App Store, but cannot get to the Clover screen on the initial reboot that is required. Every time, it takes me past the BIOS screen, to a black screen with a blinking cursor and my motherboard gives an “AE” code.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

View attachment 351461 View attachment 351462
@Stork, I appreciate the reply. But I’m still getting the same issue. I try to run the downloaded “Install MacOS High Sierra” that was downloaded on my machine from the App Store, but cannot get to the Clover screen on the initial reboot that is required. Every time, it takes me past the BIOS screen, to a black screen with a blinking cursor and my motherboard gives an “AE” code.

Any further advice would be appreciated.
Did you follow the procedures in Post #1? If so, please open a thread with your problem in High Sierra Desktop Support as this thread is not a help thread. TIA.

Did you follow the procedures in Post #1? If so, please open a thread with your problem in High Sierra Desktop Support as this thread is not a help thread. TIA.

I've followed the instructions multiple times over and still cannot get this to be successful. I've started a post in High Sierra Desktop Support linked here. Any chance you could point someone to it to offer advice?

FWIW: My monitor is connected via HDMI 3 port on my EVGA GEForce GTX 1060.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back