Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
need help! i can update appearently ok my sierra hackintosh to high sierra but when the direct update finish my computer reboot and there not seem to be a install of high sierra on my ssd. Clover only show me another HDDs but no SSD disk or any install of High Sierra. Any help please?

Maybe you had the installer convert to APFS (it is the default unless you take action to avoid it), but you forgot to add apfs.efi to EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI.

Maybe you had the installer convert to APFS (it is the default unless you take action to avoid it), but you forgot to add apfs.efi to EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI.

thanks for the answer dude! unfortunately yes, i've copy the apfs.efi to the path or i believe that i do. Can i verify if that is done? how?

Just as an FYI for GA-Z170-HD3P with Nvidia EVGA GeForce GTX 1060.

I followed the Alternative Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)

A thing to note would be that I did not use the initially released installer. I use the newest where build 17A405. That is the one you get from the App Store when downloading it "today".

Worked perfectly. After the update I only had to update the Nvidia driver which I did via the top bar Nvidia icon.

For sound I ran toledas audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.

(although everything seemeed, looked and sounded fine, the boot time was more than 2 minutes - I removed lily.kext - and now boot time is normal)

Last edited:
Just finished going through the install process and when I reach the clover boot manager i have no options to boot from. No install OS X, no Boot Mac OS and no boot recovery. Any clues as to why or what to do?

Tony, NVIDIA Webdriver 378.10.10.1015.120 are Available

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 00.55.50.png

Edit: Ups....seems like other Members were faster. :)

Just finished going through the install process and when I reach the clover boot manager i have no options to boot from. No install OS X, no Boot Mac OS and no boot recovery. Any clues as to why or what to do?
APFS formatted? If yes, APFS.efi in your clover driver Folder?

APFS formatted? If yes, APFS.efi in your clover driver Folder?

I thought I did but just looked through boot maintenance manager and it wasn't there. :facepalm:

Don't know how to add now that i can't get into any boots

I thought I did but just looked through boot maintenance manager and it wasn't there. :facepalm:

Don't know how to add now that i can't get into any boots

All good. Used a bootable linux usb drive in test mode to add the files after the fact. Ran into some issues with the boot sequence but got the first boot up and running.

I have tried to update from Sierra. But, every time i try to boot from an in place upgrade with required changes, it reboots from the install partition. Followed all the guides and even done a fresh drive and it still reboots. At least I have Sierra running; that was a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back