Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there ,

I have Dell 7559 OS sierra Working fine on SSD i followed the upgrade instructions but on boot It stuck on this Message

IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver: could not recover SATA HDD after 5 attempts , terminating

Help me please

Would people recommend me waiting until the new high Sierra version of multi beast is released before updating?

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

where are the kexts I should copy to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/??
same for apfs.efi
thanks

Would people recommend me waiting until the new high Sierra version of multi beast is released before updating?

Why do you want to wait ?
In case you need some kexts from the Beast I guess all from 10.12 will still work on 10.13.

I did inplace upgrade, just dl via Applestore und followed he instruction from page 1 and only audio needed a "new" fixing.
However if you have known to be problem hardware you should just wait till 10.13.1 or .2 is out.

where are the kexts I should copy to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/??
same for apfs.efi
thanks

Page 1 is APFS.efi to dl ! You'll need to register / login of course !
And your kexts are from your hidden efi partition you have to mount and then backup the kexts that may be there....

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2017-10-16 o 22.09.58.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2017-10-16 o 22.09.58.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
I stated SSD because it was specifically optimized for SSD. I shouldn't have said only SSD's since it can also be used on HFS+HDD's.

Why do you want to wait ?
In case you need some kexts from the Beast I guess all from 10.12 will still work on 10.13.

I did inplace upgrade, just dl via Applestore und followed he instruction from page 1 and only audio needed a "new" fixing.
However if you have known to be problem hardware you should just wait till 10.13.1 or .2 is out.

Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions but have had issues trying to boot back into the Mac OS install. Described here(also with a fix):

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/kernel-panic-on-high-sierra-installation.233227/

I guess what I’m asking is will this problem be addressed through the new multibeast, and if so I might as well wait before upgrading to make sure the fix is permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back