Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
With reference to Alternative Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)
2. I copied :-
kexts files copied from >mac Data>EFI from usb>EFI> Clover>kexts-Other

After completing 5.
Upgrade started and completed.

I had an Audio Problem:-

Problem with Realtek ALC 892 – no internal speakers.

Run Multibeast and selected – Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC 892, installed and restarted macOS High Sierra. I now have internal speakers

I have a fully operational macOS High Sierra.
Many thanks for the help.

Anyone have any luck installing the supplemental update? It just keeps rebooting on me.

I have the same issue. Anyway i have two install both of them went well but only one of them notify me about the update.
After the update i get a boot loop. I see the progress bar runs to 100% then my PC reboots.

Hi. I downloaded OS High Sierra from the App Store but the installer becomes 'not responding' when I run it. What should I do?

I tried doing a direct update and when I boot to the MacOS Install, it loads about 90% and then hangs. Any ideas?

ETA: I've added my verbose results

Attachments

• IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Thanks to the great documentation everywhere here I'm running now mac OS 10.13 on SSD next to my Win10 NVME SSD.
Thanks again!

I was following "Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS)" from a Sierra installed through UniBeast. I could get through the installation but when my pc reboots I am not seeing any hard-drive boot options. The only boot option available is "Boot Clover from EFI".

Clover: 4173
Motherboard: GA-PA55-UD4P F14
Hard drive: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

I also tried the fresh installation method from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ many times (with APFS or HFS+) but still got the same problem.

Thanks, great guide. I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H with a 3570K. Initially my install hung on the black apple logo boot screen, but I followed step 2 here from madman1234 to drop MATS in config.plist and after that it went through easily. I didn't do the step to skip converting to APFS and it still worked fine.

I was updating from El Capitan and hadn't touched my system software in a while. If anyone is on the fence about updating, I'd definitely recommend it. Previously, sleep and iMessage/FaceTime had been problematic on my system but they both work following the update. (I'm guessing that this is because of the update to Clover.)

Thanks all.

Updated to 10.13 today (from 10.12.6) after running into problems the first time around and with the system hanging at the Apple logo without obvious reasons (as many of you seemed to experience). Reading through most of the feedback here I learned that the key might be to disable the intel graphics system in Bios. And indeed that did the trick. System 10.13 seems to be working properly without any further work. Thanks all for your continued efforts to supply the guides and supporting tools and above all to all those that provide feedback on their exploits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back