Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know a fix for this stall in upgrading to high Sierra?

Also, Apple removed Sierra from the app store now that high Sierra is out, how can I make a unibeast drive of If can't download the os? I lost my old USb...
Did it show a forbidden icon when not using -v? There’s also a method about downloading macOS Sierra via a command in Terminal.

My Specs

M0B0: GA B250M-D3H
7th Gen: Intel Core i5 7500
GPU: Intel HD 630
RAM: Cursair 8GB 2133mhz
LED: BenQ G2400 Resolution 1920x1200

BIG Thanks to TonyMacX86:clap:

I successful install High Sierra 10.13 on my PC with full IGPU acceleration HDMI OutPut Display.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 188
  • 11.png
    11.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 215
  • 111.png
    111.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 201
  • 11111.png
    11111.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 305
  • 111111.png
    111111.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 188
  • 1111.png
    1111.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 228
Last edited:
I updated from 10.12.6 and downloaded the 10.13 app from Apple Store,
updated clover, put files like mentioned on page 1 and started the update.

I had to change smbios from macpro 5.1 to imac, because 10.13 installer wanted to make firmware update before installing.
Rebooted, installer worked for 1 sek, asked to restart to install, did so.
Had not all USB 2.0 ports but it did install and all seemed fine. Then put back my mac po 5.1 def. and restarted, USB ports are all working fine now.
Sleep + audio not working same as with 10.12./0-6. But I have an USB audio stick.

I use on this build my old hardware:
mobo X58
cpu 6core Xeon
6x4GB DDR3
3GB Ati 7950 with 27" 2560x1440

@ naveedahmad: Why did you install BETA version ?

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-13 um 17.15.05.png

Last edited:
Anyone have any luck installing the supplemental update? It just keeps rebooting on me.

Not sure what supplemental update you’re referring to. No updates available in the AppStore since the upgrade to High Sierra, unless Apple bundled it for all new upgrades/installations.

View media item 189546 is what I see in my applications update. My OCD is nagging me to install it but it won't install.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

Every time it reboots during step 7 I have to tell clover to boot to macOS Install, how do I know when step 7 is done? In other words, how do I know when to stop booting macOS Install and boot macOS?

Every time it reboots during step 7 I have to tell clover to boot to macOS Install, how do I know when step 7 is done? In other words, how do I know when to stop booting macOS Install and boot macOS?

Figured it out: Set clover DefaultBootVolume to LastBootedVolume and it'll take care of itself. Also another thing, if you're using MacPro5,1 as your system identifier like I was, that just doesn't work for some reason. Use iMac14,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back