Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I followed instructions to a T for my Sierra SSD upgrade with APFS. During install I’m stuck with rainbow wheel and white screen. Any ideas? Thanks

Ok I followed instructions to a T for my Sierra SSD upgrade with APFS. During install I’m stuck with rainbow wheel and white screen. Any ideas? Thanks

What version of Clover are you running there? Make sure you are at the right version r4173 or newer. Make sure you only have the minimum kext running, just FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
and the apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Verify that the config.plist that you are using is the right one. Also note that the system will reboot about 3 times during the install process. Good luck!

Last edited:
Guide Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS) worked as expected for me

See last update Change - Upgrade to High Sierra 10.13 here

Note: A "High Sierra" tag might be usefull

Build:
Motherboard: MSI Z97A Gaming 7
Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K
RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengeance
Graphics: ASUS Strix nVidia GeForce 970 GTX 4 GB

Upgrade Status: USING APFS It was a SUCCESS

Followed the steps as mentioned in Post #1 On Pre Existing El-Capitan Installation on a SSD.
Installation went without any issues.

Installing nVidia Graphics Drivers:
As soon as Machine was booted up after Re-Logging in to Apple Accounts, nVidia Downloaded and installed the drivers all by itself.

Once Installed, Machine restarted. BINGO! had perfect looking desktop screen.

Installing Audio:

opened Clover Configurator, Loaded the EFI Partition and Disabled SIP and Removed rootless=0 Boot Argument which was put on due to Toleda's Readme for Installing ALC1150 in El-Capitan.

Later Downloaded Latest Audio CloverALC master file from Toleda's Github Site and Run "Audio_cloverALC-XXX_vx.command"

Once Terminal Window showed "Process Complete" I simply restarted the machine and played my favourite track in iTunes...
Working Like a charm!

THANKS admins! You've made this upgrade a cakewalk!
Attached: Screenshot with Specs and Audio Icon on the Bar... :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 3.02.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 3.02.24 PM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 164
Thanks have the same isue. Only black apple apears and nothing happend.
We have de same board, so just copy your config.plist on my EFI partition and everithing going OK.
Now have OS High Sierra installed with APFS
Thanks so mach!!

You're Welcome :)

Which smbios you use? Have a look there -> https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...system-definition.183113/page-38#post-1506262

Perhaps it's worth to try it.
Thanks for the help man !! Unfortunately nothing works,

I've tried switching from 14,2 to 13,3 and nothing, then switched to 15,1 instead and the exact same thing ,no matter what I do it always goes to the white screens.

I used Clover Configurator to change the SMBIOS.

For both 13,3 and 15,1 the Sierra system booted just fine and seemed to work fine, for some reason I seem to feel the system snappier with 15,1 than when I was on 14,2 but it might be just me.

I'll wait for 10.13.1 then retry with a new downloaded installer.

Be very careful if you need Nvidia Web Drivers on iMac 17.
I'll wait for 10.13.1 then retry with a new downloaded installer.

Is your issue related to Nvidia Web Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back