Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success without any problems, after installing the AFPS kext and the last version of clover.

iMac 14,2 system def
Asus H97 mobo
i5 4460 Haswell refresh
Samsung 840 pro Sata SSD
GTX 760 graphic card

Cant update my config guys. Please help!

I run a Hack with a custom FusionDrive. Basically, I follow the guide step by step (for HFS+ drives) but after I restart the computer and get to the Clover boot menu, I dont get any additional options regarding the Installation volume, I only have my classic boot options and when I select one, I get an "Error loading Kernel Cache"...then I need to boot recovery and "touch" the appropriate folders on my Volume.

I suspect there is a problem with my custom fusion drive. The volumes are very confusing, I cannot figure out how it works, but it work (installed Sierra in November 2016, and been running it since then).

If anyone skilled could help me, I'd really appreciate it, I can give you remote access to my machine through screensharing. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

I updated finally but had to remove booth video cards and do the install on igpu. Everything worked great until I installed the supplemental update to fix the password issue. That update broke it again. This was all done on a fresh install to a spare ssd for experimenting so my 12.6 is still safe.
I probably could fix it by removing the cards again and use the igpu to boot from but I am not going to fool with it again until the nex point release comes out.
Beware of the update and good luck.

Afaik you need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext also in clover kext/others. Try that without to inject Intel in Clover
Hi @karacho I also get the White Screen after booting from install for about 10 mins, does that mean I should place the lilu + NvidiaFixup kexts in /Others?

I have a Geforce 210

Thanks ! :)

I have an SSD running Sierra do I need to update my clover and copy the apfs.efi to the updated clover EFI folder? I see that it says for an SSD it auto updates to APFS.
Thank you

after starting macos high sierra installer in clover, this is happening...
View attachment 280993

I have the same problem with that failing initial boot when select "macOS Install" on Clover menu. I updates to Clover r4233 and just copied FakeSMC.kext to others folder. I think that it might be a problem with old i7-4770K processor.

Does anyone have solution with that CR2 fault errors?

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

Do I need to do these steps? I never did it during minor Sierra updates. If so, why do I need to copy fakesmc and other kexts to Other folder if I already have these kexts in my current installation?

Thanks for answer!​

Hi, sorry for the stupid question but I want to get sure before I ran into problems.
The Guide on Page 1 says:

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

Sadly I have no notes what I have added to my extensions folder since my first installation. I'll do so as soon as I updated.
But for now I have to work as it is.

Is it possible that I just copy all the kext in the /Library/Extensions folder to the Clover/kext/other folder?
Or will this bring me to even more problems?

Thanks for any helpful information

I have the same problem with that failing initial boot when select "macOS Install" on Clover menu. I updates to Clover r4233 and just copied FakeSMC.kext to others folder. I think that it might be a problem with old i7-4770K processor.

Does anyone have solution with that CR2 fault errors?
o

Read this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/immediate-backtrace-crash-on-install.232279/page-2

I have the same mobo and cpu and dropping MATS and DMAR tables worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back