Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried to use clover with the new OS. I can't even get that or MultiBeast or UniBeast to fully install. has anyone seen this before?

Has anyone tried to use clover with the new OS. I can't even get that or MultiBeast or UniBeast to fully install. has anyone seen this before?
There is no UniBeast nor MultiBeast for High Sierra yet. The last versions are for Sierra (10.12). That's why this guide was created.

Hello

Thanks for your notes. Did you solve the issue? I’m currently traveling so no risk for me ringet tempted to run the upgrade but once back home....
Yes, High Sierra works great now. I was able to do update via App Store a second time; first time the hckrnvme.kext was left which caused issues. Make sure to remove hckrnvme after installing and put the original ionvmefamily.kext back.

Updated successfully now for Skylake:

My steps:

- Cloned a new HDD using CCC, including Recovery partition.
- Ran installer on Sierra setup, installing to High Sierra Drive.
- Updated Clover on both drives
- Put apfs.efi into Drivers64
- During install it restart half way through, started again and it worked fine.
- For some reason there are two other partitions on the HS drive now, FileVault and PartInstall or something like that?

- Booted into HS - No nVidia (obviously), and no bluetooth.
- Plugged in USB keyboard / Mouse and ran initial login. From there bluetooth was working again.
- Updated Nvidia drivers, did the terminal fixes for my system profile and rebooted.

All now working, audio didn't require anything. Sleep working. And the lag after sleep for 1 minute issue I had is now gone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 8.16.05 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 8.16.05 am.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 173
There is no UniBeast nor MultiBeast for High Sierra yet. The last versions are for Sierra (10.12). That's why this guide was created.
Ah yes, I’ve seen this, what about clover in general? Have you seen this issue? I’m using an updated laptop to create a boot disk and clover won’t even load on it. Also, is it possible just to load from a recently replaced HD with the program on it?

I have it updated without any new issue but the only issue I have is shutting down problem which this new update inherited from the previous one

Wondering if anyone knows how can I switch clover entries back and forth. I need to move high sierra to 1st entry and want to boot without any delay.

Attachments

• 20171004_201907.jpg
    20171004_201907.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 135
  • 20171004_201916.jpg
    20171004_201916.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 144
I follow the process for HDD, and it works. But audio was missing so I just install audio driver from MultiBeast 9.2.1, and it's also works. Thank you very much.....

Success after 4 days of trying. Problem was that HS does not recognize firmware for I-3 7100 (Kabe Lake). I was able to circumvent that by changing the IG Platform ID in EFI.

Running a fully functional Sierra with iMac 17.1 definition.
Copied EFI partition to desktop.
Googled for and downloaded AppleALC.kext v1.1.4 and LILU.kext v1.1.7 (both have been updated for 10-13). Saved to desktop.
Used CCC to clone to a new formatted SSD.
Restarted into new SSD and installed Clover v4220.
Deleted clover EFI and replaced with EFI (Sierra) saved on desktop.
Mounted EFI.
Added apfs.efi to Clover/Drivers64.UFI.
Added the two kexts from desktop to Clover/kext/Other folder. Also added FaceSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, NullPowermanagement, and IntelGraphicFixup kexts.
Opened config.plist and Graphics. Changed IG Platform ID to 0x19168086.
Saved. Restarted. Don't worry about video abnormality.
Ran HS install. (Be patient)
Everything including Audio (892), iMessage and Face Time worked without the need to run Toleda's. ALC-130_v0.3.command.
Video back to normal.

Update: Video was buggy.
FIXED:
Changed definition to iMac 18.2
IG Platform ID confirmed at 0x59120000
Added custom flag at Clover boot screen: -disablegfxfirmware
Boot time is cut significantly and video is great. :headbang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back