Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried updating my hackintosh from El Capitan 10.11.6 to HS yesterday. The installation went fine. But after the first boot, the screen went black.

I saw HDD led blinking and it seems that it's in desktop screen but no signal goes to screen.
I'm using RX 560 4gb and it's working fine (dual monitors) with Lilu and Whatevergreen in 10.12.6...

Plz help! :(

Edit: add -lilubeta and -radbeta SOLVED the problem!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 12.54.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 12.54.56 PM.png
    98 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
So after being stuck in the Apple logo i was able to make the installer run, but halfway through the install i get an error. The translation goes somthing like this:

macOs could not be installed on your computer
An error occurred while installing macOS. To use Apple Diagnostics to check your Mac's hardware, shut down the computer, press the power button, and immediately press the D key until the diagnostics starts. Close the installer to restart your computer and try again.

And when i get back to clover tje option to boot to macOs is nowhere to be found. Only the recovery mode. Some help, please.
View attachment 282501 View attachment 282503
I am currently stuck on the Apple Logo, could you share more about how you get the installer to work?

Hi Nexus66 i have a big bad luck, i cant' boot on my setup after install the update following this guide
just stay freezing on apple logo and not go on.
my setup is similar at yours, can you help me please?

my setup is:
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2
GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970 SSC
CPU: i7 4790K
RAM: 16 Gb
System before update: 10.12.6
System definition: iMac 27 14,2

I appreciate any help or any ideas from you

thanks
I am facing the same issue, have you found a solution yet?

Hello,

3 Questions with your permission:
  • What's the difference between putting the files on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13?
    The guide on the OP states /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ yet others put it in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13.
    Any idea what's the difference?
  • Can I go directly form 10.11.6 to 10.13?
  • I have a system based on Intel i7 4770R (Iris Pro) - See [Success] - ZOTAC ZBOX EI750.
    Currently it is defined as Mac Pro (Early 2008).
    Should I change it into something else?
    How can I do that?
Thank You.

Hello,

3 Questions with your permission:
  • What's the difference between putting the files on /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13?
    The guide on the OP states /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ yet others put it in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13.
    Any idea what's the difference?
  • Can I go directly form 10.11.6 to 10.13?
  • I have a system based on Intel i7 4770R (Iris Pro) - See [Success] - ZOTAC ZBOX EI750.
    Currently it is defined as Mac Pro (Early 2008).
    Should I change it into something else?
    How can I do that?
Thank You.

Kexts placed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ will be accessible by all versions of macOS.
Kexts placed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13/ will only be accessible by macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

It should be possible to upgrade from 10.11.6 straight to 10.13.

With your CPU, using iMac14,1 or iMac14,2 is probably a better choice than MacPro3,1. You can change it by editing your config.plist.

Thanks for the guide! Success with my build using Samsung 950 PRO as a start-up disk.
Additional to the APFS guide steps 1 & 2, I removed the changes done to enable NVME for Sierra (Thank you Rehabman!).
After installation I had to use the audio_CloverALC script to fix audio (Thanks Toleda!).
Everything seems to be working: USB 3.0, iMessage, Facetime, Hand-Off, CPU PM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back