Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed the issue with sound but honestly don't know how I did it! hahahahaha

Last edited:
Hello. O tried to update from usb boot and still no change. I can't figure where i got wrong. Can you help me? Thank you.

does anyone tried to upgrade to High Sierra from Sierra with out converting to APFS to maintain HFS+ filesystem using:

/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO

because my first try to upgrade it worked and I got every thing working but I notice that my clover configurator

did not recognizes the installation disk so I could not mount the EFI partition for some reason so I was using Terminal every time I want to mount the EFI partition

any help here
Thanks,
What's the output from diskutil list in Terminal? Maybe I'm wrong, but i doubt '--converttoapfs NO' really works and SSD's are converted to APFS by default. In this case, you need APFS.efi in your EFI-Clover-Drivers64UEFI.

Just a question. How do you know if the USB3 is broken or not? What does system profiler look like?

Nearly flawless till I tried wake from sleep and it always break on second attempt to sleep. Graphics card just hangs. That and sound stops working on first wake. :(

Was finally able to fix my Nvidia issues. My clover icons are all weird, though. In fact, I have no icon for any of the APFS drives - but my windows partition icon is fine. Any ideas?

* GA-Z77-DS3H + Intel HD4000 Gfx + macOS High Sierra INSTALL SUCCESS ! *
  • Backed up macOS Sierra and my EFI partition
  • Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter v3
  • Ran Clover_v2.4k_r4220.pkg and kept my previous UEFI settings
  • Copied the apfs.efi file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
  • Refreshed my kexts (now using RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-0607 kexts and ALXEthernet) copied to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.13
  • SIP entries and Rt Variables set same as OS X El Capitan
  • Ran the Install macOS High Sierra.app from macOS Sierra 10.12.6 desktop
  • On first reboot, I selected the Boot OS X Install option (Clover bootloader menu)
  • Logged into macOS 10.13 High Sierra and set up iCloud - Success..
  • Clover TRIM patch, my DSDT and SSDT all working except no audio (as expected !)
  • Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter app
  • Ran Toleda audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command patch* (Big Ups BTW :)
  • Rebooted back into macOS High Sierra and my Realtek ALC889 audio is working :)
  • iTunes and Beats 1 Radio works fine
  • Haven't tested Messages nor FaceTime yet (although I don't really use them much)

*The only issue that I had after the installation was when looking for my EFI partition in the Terminal ( diskutil list )
I was looking at the APFS Container Scheme section thinking "Where's my EFI !!! "
I later realised the APFS Container Scheme is a new addition to diskutil list and that the EFI is listed in another section exactly where it always was (doh..! )

Great guide as always Tonymacx86 :thumbup:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I did it the first time with the default instructions and it did not work. This time I followed your instructions and it worked like a charm. I did not even had to reinstall audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back