Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I installed High Sierra correctly following the procedure, but I find that at 10/15 minutes of system use the screen freezes, the mouse goes, but the image is frozen and I have to reboot ...

This may be due to some incompatibility of the graphics card? In Sierra he had no problems ...

It's an AMD Radeon 7950 HD 3GB
MB GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev 1.0)

I run a Sapphire HD 7950 3GB and all is working perfect - even sleep/wake.

This did not go well. Got this message. All engines stop. "Landrew, guide me."

upload_2017-9-29_20-18-59.png

So I was able to upgrade successfully on the first try but came across an issue with my main admin profile.

The system boots up to the login screen but after logging into one of my accounts (the first admin account that I created a few years ago) the system will start logging in and then will reboot after about 6 or 7 seconds. I don't have the chance to do anything b/c the account is still in the process of starting before it restarts. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I had a similar issue a few versions ago in Sierra and I created another admin account which I can log into just fine. I was able to run Toleda's audio fix and the pixel clock fix to boost the resolution to fit my ultra-wide monitor but would really like to get my main profile fixed.

I upgraded also successfully to High Sierra but now I have graphics glitches :(

My hardware:
1. GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
2. SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 512GB NVMe
3. intel core i7-7700k 4.2GHZ
4. Internal Intel HD Graphics via HDMI

On my Clover Kext-folder just only: HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_4.kext from my recently 10.12.6 and few typical kexts like FakeSMC, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet and Lilu.kext

Some Clovers settings:

SMBIOS: I used: iMac18,3 corresponding to i7-7700k 4.2GHZ
under Graphics: only "Inject Intel" checked
under Device by FakeID / IntelGFX: I set 0x193B8086
under "Kernl and kext Patches": I checked only: Kernel CPU, Apple RTC, AppleIntelCPUPM and KernelPM

does anyone get the same issue by same hardware?

First I update Clover from official website and get problems at startup but after that I installed Multibeast 9.2.1 and try to update to high sierra and everything goes great without any bootflag or something.

I upgraded successfully from Sierra to High Sierra following the procedure. The upgrade Is ok but I have graphics glitches problem as you can see in the attached photo.
After the apple logo in the screen appear these strange symbols.

I used Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen kext (instead of Verde kext in Sierra), FakeSMC kext, NullCPUPowerManagement kext but whiteout success. Always same problem.

My card is a Sapphire Ati AMD Radeon HD 7770

The only way to boot the system is to use the safe mode in Clover boot

Does anyone have an a idea how to solve this problem?

Attachments

• Foto 29-09-17.jpeg
    Foto 29-09-17.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 231
Sounds like you are having a variation on my boot problem too. Freezing on inject intel video.
I'm still waiting for a suggestion.
Ah, I see. I'm using an Asus Vivo pc (one of those mini box-like form factors) with Intel HD 4400 graphics, and to get the graphics working correctly on Sierra I did have to do inject Intel video

I followed the Update directly (apfs) guide yesterday and ran in some issues so i thought i'd share the solutions to them in case anybody else runs in to them.

Here's an overview of my system:
  • Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 8
  • Intel i7-7700K
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 FTW+ (6gig)
  • 4 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2666
  • Samsung 960 Evo 500gb nvme
  • some other sata samsung ssd's
Everything went as described in tony's guide but after it completes it wouldn't boot into "Macintosh HD". In verbose mode text output was really fast en rebooted the system almost immediately so i had to use a camera with 240 frames per second just to see wat was going on..

Seemed it had issues with my Patched NVMe drive which i use as my primary drive.
I removed the HackrNVMe-Family*.kext from /S/L/E by:
  • Booting into my rescue partition
  • Opened the terminal (under top menu item "Utilities")
  • Finding out which disk number and partition number my primary setup has has
    • "diskutil list" gives an overview of the drives
    • "diskutil mount /dev/disk1s1" mounts the drive. (the number behind the s is the partition id)
  • Now just delete the /System/Library/Extensions/HackrNVMe*.kext" and reboot into your system. (thanks @RehabMan for your great work)
This fixed the nvme issue for me and now my system booted into the finalizing setup, in low res as expected since i still needed to install the new 10.13 NVIDIA WEB driver. It did give me an error during the install that it may not work.

First i just installed the driver rebooted and then my next issue arrises. After boot my screen went black and in power save.

Luckily i had my Screen Sharing switched on so i could still access my system from my MacBook Pro with VNC Viewer.
I fixed this issue by:
  • Download AGDPfix.app
  • Uninstalling my NVIDIA Driver
  • Reboot
  • Install the driver again (DON'T REBOOT)
  • Executing "AGDPfix.app"
  • Reboot
This fixed this issue for me. And now everything works for me.

I tried on my laptop, launched installer and ran it which last only 15 seconds, restarted no separate option except that now "Boot macOS in recovery" is selected instead of default "Boot macOS" which fails with message "Error loading kernel cache (0xe)", -f didn't work against problem.
Clover v4220

Helllo, i´m trying to update Clover, but the installer can´t see the EFI partition, even after it is mounted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back