Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem. I downloaded the new Clover v2.4k r4220 and added the files as described in the original post of this thread. See screenshot below. I'm selecting the boot option as seen below in the screenshot of the clover screen. When I select that boot option you can see the error I get, something about, "too many corpses!" Yikes.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I don't know if this is important or not but when I go to the Apple menu and select about this Mac, nothing happens. I also can not load the Terminal program. Something is amiss with the system. But I'm typing this on my Hackintosh running the second to last update to Sierra.

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    976.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 292
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 10.32.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 10.32.01 PM.png
    271.3 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
I am also running into this issue. I had it working on Sierra.

Just make sure you have a properly formatted MLB and ROM in your config.

Performed the APFS update following this guide to the letter... Super smooth sailing. Everything works: USB 3.0, Audio, TRIM, Nvidia Web drivers (was prompted to update on first new boot). No crashes or panics. Gotta thank Tonymac and the community here.
Screenshot 2017-09-28 00.05.20.png

Has anyone ran into the issue where the "Boot from macOS" option doesn't show up in clover after you started the install and the system reboots?

Yup, same thing; kind of a show stopper.

1. Asus Maxiumus VIII Gene.
2. HP Elite 8300
3. Dell Latitude 3450

All updated to High Sierra using directions on first post without issue. Thanks!

Sweetest, easiest update yet! Followed the guide to the letter and zero problems, audio was still working....everything! Completely forgot I just got a new Apple Watch and it even unlocks my Hackintosh now!

We have the same board, here is my config.plist..

I also have this board and was able to use this configuration to complete the installation. Should I leave my configuration for Clover like this, or should I remove those lines? Will they affect my ability to run virtual machines? (I use parallels.)

The path /System/Installation/Pachages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.

Any help will be appreciated!

Didn't see this error in the thread...

P70928-064942.jpg

The path /System/Installation/Pachages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged.

Any help will be appreciated!

Didn't see this error in the thread...

View attachment 281373

Try booting back in to Sierra and launch the High Sierra installer again.

I have updated my PC to High Sierra following this guide (APFS). No issue while updating, but after the update finish it takes almost 5 minutes for every boot. It just hangs on Apple logo with progress bar almost reaching to end and after 4-5 minutes goes to login screen. I have attached the screenshot where it stops. I don't know what is wrong. Is it the APFS?

Also the audio is not working. I followed Toledo's instructions for audio, I can see the audio output channels ( screenshot attached) along with HDMI audio out to SAMSUNG TV, but no audio any output device. Am I missing something?

Please let me know what files / outputs I need provide additionally for testing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    61 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 12.17.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 12.17.26 PM.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back