Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thanks too tonymac and the boys, all working here, simple upgrade no problems as per instructions and tips in here thank you.

After hours of lag and freeze, when I can back this morning, everything works like a charm! Amazing.

Intel i5-2400
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
Nvidia GTX960 2GB with new web driver
Samsung 840evo

@Mingjoy I've had some luck!

This fixed my issue of the installer sticking at the apple sign

I followed the advice in this post... (ignore the kexts to patch part)

High Sierra is now installing :)

This worked for me - to a point. I was able to begin the installation, however the installation fails and the installer gives me a message that the operation could not be completed (com.apple.DiskManagement error 0.)

So, I guess I have a new problem?

Went and did the upgrade today on Handles - did the install on top of my Sierra SSD drive (after doing a backup with SuperDuper). Followed the instructions with the EFI partition and Clover. Took about 40 minutes to install, then it told me the NVIDIA web drivers were available. Installed those and rebooted - everything is fine and it seems to be running OK. Didn't even have to fix audio.
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 7.59.25 PM.png

EDIT: never mind, right after I posted this I found it under another disk identifier.

I have High Sierra installed and running but forgot to copy the apfs.efi to my EFI folder on my Sierra boot SSD where Clover is installed in the EFI partition. I able to boot using a USB stick with Clover installed but now that I am in High Sierra I do not see where clover is installed any more since there doesn't appear to be an EFI partition on my now AFPS drive. However, if I remove the USB stick and try to boot normally, Clover still pops up so it is there somewhere on the drive.

Any ideas?

Here is a screenshot of the AFPS volumes:
Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.02.24 PM.png

EDIT: never mind, right after I posted this I found it under another disk identifier.

I have High Sierra installed and running but forgot to copy the apfs.efi to my EFI folder on my Sierra boot SSD where Clover is installed in the EFI partition. I able to boot using a USB stick with Clover installed but now that I am in High Sierra I do not see where clover is installed any more since there doesn't appear to be an EFI partition on my now AFPS drive. However, if I remove the USB stick and try to boot normally, Clover still pops up so it is there somewhere on the drive.

Any ideas?

Here is a screenshot of the AFPS volumes:
View attachment 281323

try boot from USB linux, can you see the FAT32 EFI partition

try boot from USB linux, can you see the FAT32 EFI partition

I already figured it out. The EFI partition is under a different disk ID. In the screenshot below disk2 and disk4 are the same physical SSD. You'll see that disk2 references disk4 since the AFPS is inside a container.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.41.42 PM.png

I am having some issues with the installation. When I ran the "install High Sierra" App, it instantly get done and jumped to the restart page. Is this normal? Then when I boot the installation partition in clover, it is either stuck at "apple logo" screen or keep restarting forever.

Any help is appreciated. :)

I'm also experiencing a glitch in clover though I can still boot. Any fix for this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back