Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything seems fine apart from the Cuda driver is not happy :-/

HS.jpg

As soon as I saw the notification for Nvidia Web Drivers, I updated my Sierra install. Thank you for perfect, easy instructions. The only tiny thing, I had to re-enable audio. (Thank you Toleda)

Everything works. iMessage, FaceTime, even sleep! Easiest update ever. My gear list has not changed.

Thank you!

Afaik you need IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext also in clover kext/others. Try that without to inject Intel in Clover
I just found solution I just update from Sierra apfs but installation was on my usb and my clover didn't copy fakesmc after all everything was working as it should with no issues even my gtx670 was recognized properly

Ekran%20Resmi%202017-09-27%2018.56.30.png

'High Sierra Update Asus N551VW

Read post #164 :) Credit to @vulgo

"ACPI: VT-d can be disabled in firmware settings (under CPU features), otherwise we can drop DMAR table. MATS is known by some to prevent 10.13 boot so drop that as well."

Code (Text):

<key>APCI</key>
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>DMAR</string>
</dict>
</array>

"Recent betas seem to raise problems with SIP partially disabled, resulting in errors later on in boot. This log is from a boot into 10.12, but setting the CSR bits 0x3FF for booting High Sierra."

Code (Text):

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3FF</string>
</dict>

This didn't work for me. Installer still hangs at Apple logo. :(

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 508
Hi, I goes via direct ssd upgrade staff but after rebooting page with logo remains there for a long time and nothing happen.... any ideas? I can boot to sierra back of course :)

I tried the instructions above (I have a hybrid drive), and many other things, and no matter what, when I boot from clover selecting "Boot macOS Install from" the system drive option, I end up with a black screen with an apple logo, no progress bar; it just hangs. I'd really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction.

Followed all instructions for APFS. When I run the installer, the system reboots, I select Boot macOS Install, but it just hangs at the Apple logo. Any ideas?

Followed the APFS guide, but when I choose the update at clover screen it stucks after a few seconds... only the white apple logo for minutes... what can I do?

Any suggestions for us? We have all the same problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back