Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Thanks for this.

I updated my system from 10.12.6 to 10.13 just a minute ago and it worked flawlessly.
What I did was:

1. Backup my system.
2. Made sure CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 (which is the default).
3. Update clover to the latest version using clover configurator.
4. Copied fakesmc.kext (from /library/extensions), aplehda.kext, realtekALc.kext and apfs.efi to as what is in instructed this page.
5. Update to High Sierra through the Appstore, when it finished installing I had a glitchy graphics.
6. Disabled gatekeeper (or what that is called).
7. Nvidia prompts to install the new driver - clicked install, it prompted an error but I disregarded it.
8. Used toleda's fix to my audio.
9. installed Cuda driver.

It works fine (for now), Audio, iMessage, USB2.0 and 3.0 are working. I did no fixes except for the audio. :)

I'm on iMac 14.2 by the way.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.42.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.42.22 PM.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 265
Hi we we have exact same hardware.

Can you please send me your entire EFI Partition in ZIP File?
In-N-Out I also have the same motherboard as you. I'm running sierra currently. I'm also somewhat a newbie in this but willing to learn. I'd like to ask the following questions:

1) Where did you get the realtekALC.kext and USBInjectAll.kext? (I've searched, maybe poorly, but I can't find them)
2) Would you be willing to send or post you clover config screen shots for each of the tabs or post or send you config.plist?
3) I also noticed your bios for the motherboard has been updated. How did that go and any suggestions on how to do it? I've read that some people had issues

Thanks in advance,

Is it possible to "upgrade" to AFPS? Say, if I update to 10.13 on a HDD and then later clone it over to a SSD and then want to get to AFPS.

Clean installation on my Lenovo Yoga 2 13. All perfectly working

@Mingjoy I've had some luck!

This fixed my issue of the installer sticking at the apple sign

I followed the advice in this post... (ignore the kexts to patch part)

High Sierra is now installing :)

Looking at the config.plist in post #1 and preboot.log in post #13

ACPI: VT-d can be disabled in firmware settings (under CPU features), otherwise we can drop DMAR table. MATS is known by some to prevent 10.13 boot so drop that as well.
Code:
<key>APCI</key>
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
  <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>MATS</string>
  </dict>
  <dict>
    <key>Signature</key>
    <string>DMAR</string>
  </dict>
</array>
KextsToPatch: You have a patch for a 100-series Sunrise Point USB Controller kext, on an 8-series Lynx Point motherboard. Should probably remove it.
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-Series-10.12)</string>
Recent betas seem to raise problems with SIP partially disabled, resulting in errors later on in boot. This log is from a boot into 10.12, but setting the CSR bits 0x3FF for booting High Sierra.
Code:
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
  <key>BooterConfig</key>
  <string>0x28</string>
  <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
  <string>0x3FF</string>
</dict>
Also the used boot argument darkwake=no probably doesn't work in the way you are expecting, if it does anything at all. And you are missing Apple's APFS.EFI or it isn't loading.

Last edited:
I would like to know the answer to this question, too.
Yes, you can. Minimum specs required by upgrade page says 10.8+

i have OSX system installed on SSD, so after update this disk will be convertet to APFS, but i have classic HDD for "DATA" which is formated with HFS, my question is: will be this "DATA" disk work after update? or can i acces this HDD formated with HFS after update?
Yes, no problem for me

How is TRIM status after upgrading and APFS conversion? Is it needed to re-apply patch..or whatelse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back