Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asus N551VW High Sierra update ok

I successfuly updated to high sierra with all working driver: wifi, lan and sound and also the rx580
BUT...
my BruceX Benchmark results in FCPX Spiked from 15 seconds to 50+ seconds why is that???
if thats the case i might need to rollback to Sierra for i mainly use this for final cut

Just reporting that I followed the advice in this thread, and everything is working GREAT! Running Asus gryphon 787, Intel 4670K, Asus GTX 770 (did not need nvidia alternative drivers for this card), and an SSD which has been converted to APFS.

Sound, ethernet, and USB are all working. Even the trackpad settings which were broken in sierra (causing a crash), are now visible. The only kext I placed in efi/clover/other was the fakeSMC and only other change was updating clover. Very simple. Surprised how well this has gone so far. I really appreciate the work you've all done to document and instruct. THANK YOU!!!!

@Mingjoy, same issue as you, any luck yet?

i finished step 1 to 5
but when i choose Boot macOS Install option
i got a white apple and never changed anything in 10 minutes...
I think i have failed
but can anyone tell me why...
and what should i do next?
thx a lot

I have no luck till now .. always stuck at the appleusbhostresources .. I followed @RehabMan instructions and put FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext + USBInjectAll.kext with no luck too .. please @RehabMan help to solve this problem
get_thumbnail.jpeg

error when it should reboot!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 15.04.03.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 15.04.03.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 276
I had a problem free upgrade going from Sierra to High Sierra.

Only issue is that I didn't seem to get APFS. Is it better for hackintoshers to stick with HFS+ for now, or should I go through the trouble of formatting my drive, formatting as APFS and then install High Sierra from USB?

Can you set the efi / clover section for download?
?
I put all the kexts I need in efi/clover before the upgrade, namely, FakePCIID, FakeSMC, Intel Mausi, VoodooHDA. And after the upgrade, I deleted them all. I don't know if they worked or not but I strictly followed the tips in the first post of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back