Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the one hand - upgrade to HS from Sierra now that NVidia Drivers are available... Sweet as a Nut! Everything working.... USB3, Sound, Video,,,, AFPS on a HyperX SSD...

HOWEVER!!!

I have tried several times to create an installer USB Stick,,,, and install to a Sata Partition... every time I get OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing!!! What gives???? I'm using the same procedure for creating the stick as I did with the GM a week ago... which did install to this partition on one occasion

Is there an issue or have apple pulled a fast one like they did on Mavericks I believe it was... where you had to copy over the intall packages,,,

USB Stick (Verified) Install info please guys!!!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 294
I removed the discrete graphics card (a Nvidia GT 1030) and upgraded my hackintosh to High Sierra with only the internal graphics (an Intel HD P4600). The upgrade went fine and was successful.
Can you set the efi / clover section for download?

Guys is possible to boot high sierra APFS from external SSD (sata-USB) ?
As Hfs+ it works , after conversion it won't bot anymore :(

Downloaded today's official High Sierra Update. Performed a direct update from 10.12.6. First updated Clover to v2.4k r4220, and then followed APFS guide above. Everything seems to be working with the exception of audio. I then downloaded and ran audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command, rebooted and my audio devices were now there. :) Thanks Toleda!
Later on I discovered my USB 3.0 ports weren't working. Downloaded USBinjectAll.kext and modified config.plist with the new raise port edits for High Sierra. Working now. Thanks tonymacx86! :)

View attachment 280452

View attachment 280453

View attachment 280456

hi, in-n-out
my system is same yours.
but I'm failed to update high Sierra.
install process not show up, my monitor black out when install high Sierra.
so Can you upload your using config.plist file?

Best Regard.

Downloaded today's official High Sierra Update. Performed a direct update from 10.12.6. First updated Clover to v2.4k r4220, and then followed APFS guide above. Everything seems to be working with the exception of audio. I then downloaded and ran audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command, rebooted and my audio devices were now there. :) Thanks Toleda!
Later on I discovered my USB 3.0 ports weren't working. Downloaded USBinjectAll.kext and modified config.plist with the new raise port edits for High Sierra. Working now. Thanks tonymacx86! :)

View attachment 280452

View attachment 280453

View attachment 280456

hi, when i upgrade the High Sierra, my usb device can't work, such as usb keyboard mouse?

i copy the USBinjectAll.kext to the EFI/CLOVER/kext/Other, and is it right? and what's your monfied config.plist?

I tried adding these kexts to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/ but that didn't fix my issue. I still have the same problem, Apple logo appears with progress bar underneath it. When the progress bar fills, grey screen appears and it just stays there.

had the same problem, so i tried it again with my case opened. I saw that the Drive indicator was flashing even when i got the grey screen again, so i left it alone for about 40mins and the system reebooted several times with clover showing up for a few seconds so i tought the install would work with only not displaying anything. However i hardreseted the system after 1,5h of grey screen and now neither high sierra is installed nor can i boot into my old sierra install :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back