Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I tried following the guide.
At the beginning everything looked fine.
I choose the install Mac partition.
But once it finishes, all I see is grey screen.
And nothing happens, I tried to hard reboot, and went through the same route, but same result.

I was then able to boot to my old system Sierra...

Can someone give me a tip?
Same here!

I failed...
I think it's not the right time for me to upgrade...
wish everybody update successfully

I launched the High Sierra Installer, it said an error occured while prepare installation.
View attachment 280942

I tried to launch the installer in commandline, it failed again.
Code:
Password:
Preparing to run macOS Installer...
Preparing 22.052402...
Preparing 100...
Preparing reboot...
Error: system reboot failed...

I upgraded the clover to 4220, and I tried set sip mask to 0x3 or 0x67, nothing changed.

I dont know how to get the error message.

Can any one help me?
delete and download it again
i met this problem too.
best wish to you

I have attached an image of the kernel panic screen I get when trying to install/upgrade High Sierra. To my eyes there is a serious lack of helpful information.
I initially tried the upgrade method, following the instructions in the first post to the letter.
When that failed I tried creating the USB installer, again following the instructions to the letter.
Both gave me the screen you see in the attachment.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I did install the latest Clover 4220
I did copy the files apfs.efi, fakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the correct destinations.View attachment 280965

The really annoying and frustrating thing is that I have been hacking my toshes for almost nine years flawlessly.

same kp (cr2 fail, cpu fail...) here after starting macos high sierra installer in -v mode. in clover i have a separate windows hdd and a macos sierra sdd. the good thing is i still can startup macos sierra on my sdd.

When my hackintosh restarts during the installation it gives me a few seconds count down and tries load windows by default, I have to tab across to "boot instal" again right?

I'm having the same issue. r9 280x - I use dual DVI - and can't boot to the installer unless I set to uiGPU - which is intel 3000 and I only get 512MB of video ram.

Try it with raddvi in the Clover Bootscreen. If it works edit it into your config.plist

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-27 um 11.33.24.png

i have OSX system installed on SSD, so after update this disk will be convertet to APFS, but i have classic HDD for "DATA" which is formated with HFS, my question is: will be this "DATA" disk work after update? or can i acces this HDD formated with HFS after update?

Last edited:
after starting macos high sierra installer in clover, this is happening...
IMG_20170927_113239.jpg

Last edited:
Same issue here. In verbose mode I get a message that says localhost com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper.532) <warning> : Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in() : com.apple.bsd.dirhelper

Then some other lines too fast to read, then black screen, then finally a simple line at the top of the screen with the date and "
iMac.local com.apple.XPC. Launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver) <notice>: service only ran for 0 sec. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds". And it seems to enter in an infinite loop (left it over 30 min running, nothing, nor any sign of activity from the HD). I'll run it again to check exactly what it's saying at the end.

I've followed all the steps in the guide, and when I force a reboot I can still boot on Sierra, so I guess the installation process gets stuck before making any definite action.

Any update? Having the same, started a thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back