Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Is anyone already having experience with NVme drive as boot drive?
It says they are now supported natively.

Greetings
David

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.30.45.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.30.45.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,133
Wow, thank you so much to the amazing Admins and community members here. This guide to directly update from Sierra worked to a T. Could not be happier with my hack. The only thing that doesn't show is my 4790k overclocks to 4.8 Ghz. Keep up the great work!

View attachment 280510
What kind of monitor are you using? Looks great!!!

Hi
Is anyone already having experience with NVme drive as boot drive?
It says they are now supported natively.

Greetings
David
I have NVMe but I was not able to run it after a successful update ..I think my old hackrnvme clashed up . and once you mess up its not possible to go back into system files to change or remove the kext that might have caused a problem when we go back from the old clone backup..APFS system files are hidden ..I am trying again now but hard I hope I can format APFS drive NVMe back to HFS and re clone my old Sierra back and then try again to update. Its annoying right now.

A bit rusty on my updating here as have had a working Clover Sierra installation that's been stable as a rock for ages so haven't had to play with it other than do faultless appstore updates. So plse refresh my memory, to update to High Sierra with an existing Sierra installation on an SSD that has the latest clover installed I have to copy required kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add apfs.efi too right? How do I extract the apfs.efi from the installer or will the one from the link in the instructions work OK? I'm guessing the kexts I have to copy over ill be from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI as drivers32UEFI is empty, or if am I wrong what kexts and where from? I have no FakeSMC.kext so do I need to to download and add it or will it work without? Forgive my newbie questions but as I said I'm more than a little rusty with it.

Just follow the instructions on the first page, and yes, apfs.efi that is linked on page one will work. Yes, download the FakeSMC.kext and yes you need it. :)

Just follow the instructions on the first page, and yes, apfs.efi that is linked on page one will work. Yes, download the FakeSMC.kext and yes you need it. :)
And the kexts are from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI? Thanx for the reply...

Do we need to completely disabled SIP
Set the bits you need to boot/install, use 0x67 if its working. Otherwise 0x3FF sets all bits and you don't need to consider SIP anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back