Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't see where I change the Computer ID to iMac14,1 in my config.
Any idea how to do it?
Use MultiBeast to just select your Computer ID (System Definition):
Customize -> System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,1​
Build > Install​
Reboot​

MultiBeast not only changes the Computer ID, but changes the System Definition so that your config.plist has all the needed iMac14,1 characteristics, too. IMO, it's easier to do this change in MultiBeast than Clover Configurator.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2047 MB
Hello!

Looking for some help here with updating from El Capitan to the most current OS, which I believe is High Sierra. Reason being, I run a recording studio and need to update my DAW, Cubase, (along with a bunch of other plug ins) to the latest version which is apparently not compatible with El Capitan. I'm not a pro at Hackintosh builds/upgrades, as the only build I've done was mine and it was 4 years ago and I just followed the instructions on here.

Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction before I start, if I follow the above directions will it work fine? Is there anything different I need to do with my build? I know some can differ based upon what parts you used etc. Thank you ahead of time you smart strangers!

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
the most current OS, which I believe is High Sierra
High Sierra came out in the Fall of 2017 so it's not the most current. You should check what version you need by consulting with your Audio software manufacturer.