Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I get to step 5:

5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.
and terminal says

...I have read and agree to the terms of the software license agreement.

Type A and press return to agree: mycomputer:~ me$ A

-bash: A: command not found
How is "A" not found? They just told me to type "A"!?!?

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
We can't tell what step 5 you're talking about.

Use the link @Feartech posted. There are two options. I like to do it from Terminal after booting the installer (it says *may* work, but that info is old - it works).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
We can't tell what step 5 you're talking about.

Use the link @Feartech posted. There are two options. I like to do it from Terminal after booting the installer (it says *may* work, but that info is old - it works).
I have the step 5 in question in my post. "5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot." Terminal won't let me agree so I'm stuck.

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
Oh I see it now. OP of this thread.

The reason it's not working for you is that these instructions don't include the additional '--agreetolicense' flag in the command line. It will skip the prompt.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
CPU
i7-7600U
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
iMac
UniBeast and MultiBeast users-

MultiBeast 9.2.1 is incompatible with APFS drives, but works with HFS+. We will be releasing updated versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast and a full UniBeast installation guide in the near future.

In the meantime, if you are already installed on Sierra, we suggest using the above update guides. For fresh installations, please see the following post for instructions to create a USB installer for High Sierra.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Update: MultiBeast v10.4.0 for High Sierra is has been release. See the Announcement's Notes on audio.
Hi Tony, well I have a question for you. I was trying to do an software updated. I thought it was for my iTunes and Safari. But, when I did the update and restarted, it wouldn't boot up. Now I'm having trouble installing macOS.

I had Sierra but I was wondering if I can go with High Sierra with the parts I have. I been trying to do a bootable USB with UniBeast and with Clover and seems nothing to work for me. Is there a direction you can lead me to?

Like I said I tried everything even followed different installed and tried doing bootable USB a few times and nothing. My computer was wondering just fine.

Motherboard
ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
For everybody who has problems updating with a 5690X !:!

- update your clover with all drivers you need (the ones you already had in your Sierra driver folder)
- follow post 1# and don't forget to add apfs.efi to the drivers folder
- update your kexts
- try the attached config.plist <-- IT SAVED MY ASS :headbang:

Attachments

Last edited: