CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is there any guides to a fresh clean install of high Sierra ? If so can anyone please share ? I currently have already created a copy of a bootable High Sierra 10.13.4 drive with unibeast But have not been able to install it. It basically installs the Os, it then I have to still boot from the USB (F12) to then boot to the installation drive (HDD) and so the installation continues( you see progress bar) then completely freezes.( shows multiple Apple logos )

Motherboard
GB Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770S
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1060
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple
Mobile Phone
iOS
just adding my info here:
Z77X-UD5H + i7 3770 + 850 Pro SSD + Nvidia 1060, Sierra → High Sierra
  • Backed up my Clover config plist
  • Updated Clover to latest version (that stopped my system volume booting)
  • Copied "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi" to CLOVER/drivers64EFI/ to fix boot issue
  • Also copied "apfs.efi" to the EFI partition.
  • Used the High Sierra Patcher to download the full 10.3.6 install image since Mac App Store wouldn't give me a High Sierra installer, Apple's direct link gave me the small 20MB one, thus startosinstall would keep crashing.
  • From the full installer, used startosinstall --converttoapfs NO
  • Then it would get stuck on the Apple logo until I configured Clover to drop the MATS table. Did it on the fly from Clover's boot menu, a few times, basically on every reboot, until I could launch the configurator within macOS. I think the install rebooted once to that same partition, then to the target volume. It took a while.
  • Used Multibeast to install a more recent copy of FakeSMC and plugins, also network adapter kexts for both my LAN adapters. Got the Intel one to work first. Looking into the Atheros.
  • With my internet connection back on, I could update NVidia's web driver
  • Installed latest security update. That rebooted once or twice but I let it boot automatically, no intervention.
  • Then I updated NVidia's web driver again, updated other App Store software
  • In HwMonitor, verified that my CPU cores' frequencies scale up and down as they should
Note I don't use sleep at all, so there could be some things still missing. The above gets you to a baseline functioning system, even a little past that. Hope it's useful.

Last edited: