Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Motherboard
Asus Z87-A
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 1080
Thanks for the guide, i'm following the HFS+ version but by the time i get to step 6 my OS X Sierra drive disappears from Clover boot manager (v. 5099) and a High Sierra install drive doesn't show up either. I'm now stuck with various windows partitions with no way to access OS X, is there any way around this? I have FakeSMC in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and can see/edit my EFI partition directly from windows if that helps.

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Hello everybody. I'm on Sierra at the moment but I need to update to High Sierra because a software compatibility issue.
One little doubt: having an SSD and an HDD, I suppose I will have to continue with the HSF+. Right?

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everybody. I'm on Sierra at the moment but I need to update to High Sierra because a software compatibility issue.
One little doubt: having an SSD and an HDD, I suppose I will have to continue with the HSF+. Right?

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Thanks for the link, I was following another thread. So, I guess your answer is yes, I should keep using HSF+. As I read, the HDD would become very slow after the conversion so I won't risk it. Will do a complete backup and hope for the best, since I had quite a few issues on my first build, mainly because of my motherboard.

Motherboard
GA-Z270X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Just one more thing: like i mentioned before I have 1 SSD (startup disk) and 1 HDD. Do you recommend backing up only the SSD or both with CCC? Thanks in advance.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just one more thing: like i mentioned before I have 1 SSD (startup disk) and 1 HDD. Do you recommend backing up only the SSD or both with CCC? Thanks in advance.
Just the SSD is enough.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I get to step 5:

5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.
and terminal says

...I have read and agree to the terms of the software license agreement.

Type A and press return to agree: mycomputer:~ me$ A

-bash: A: command not found
How is "A" not found? They just told me to type "A"!?!?

Motherboard
ASRock X99 Extreme6
CPU
E5-2690 v4
Graphics
Radeon VII
We can't tell what step 5 you're talking about.

Use the link @Feartech posted. There are two options. I like to do it from Terminal after booting the installer (it says *may* work, but that info is old - it works).

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
We can't tell what step 5 you're talking about.

Use the link @Feartech posted. There are two options. I like to do it from Terminal after booting the installer (it says *may* work, but that info is old - it works).
I have the step 5 in question in my post. "5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot." Terminal won't let me agree so I'm stuck.