Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't see FakeSMS.kext neither in S/L/E nor in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
Wrong name and wrong locations.
FakeSMC.kext should be in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other on the EFI partition and in /Library/Extensions on the system partition.

You are right, @P1LGRIM . The name was of course a typo, but the location was wrong. Either way, just want to say that update to 10.13.6 (HFS+) went smooth. But the audio is gone. I think I saw in one of the replies (among 80+ pages) some links to audio issues fixes, could you give a hint? If that's a common problem, maybe the links should be added to the first post?

OnFakeSMC.kext, shall one keep it in EFI partition after update (in addition to the one in /L/E)?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I think I saw in one of the replies (among 80+ pages) some links to audio issues fixes, could you give a hint?
For assistance with Audio you should post in the Audio forum.
Read the 'sticky' guides first and be sure to comply with the Problem Reporting instructions or you will not get any help.

OnFakeSMC.kext, shall one keep it in EFI partition after update (in addition to the one in /L/E)?
One should indeed as then it allows access to the recovery partition and some updates need it there too as they will not access it in /Library/Extensions.
It is also a good idea to add your network kext there too.

thanks, I sorted out audio. Last question: I can't mount EFI partition after the update. It was HFS+ update, so I don't use AFS. I usually mount with Clover Configurator, but neither old version I used nor the most recent one can mount EFI.

UPDATE: strangely enough, EFI Mounter v3 worked. No idea why other methods stoped working...

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I get blank grey screen after install is completed, it might have something to do that it's not finding/loading the kexts etc.

I used to have problem that computer didn't boot without the installation usb-disk mounted but I was able to fix it somehow and don't have the disk anymore. I was thinking that maybe this problem might be related to that?

Can someone point me to direction how I could fix this problem? I'm not very good with this Hackingtosh thing but usually I get everything working with some trial and error :)

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
2.5GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.
I've already downloaded the Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. But I copied it to another hard drive. However now it's no longer exist in my Application. In this case can't I upgrade to High Sierra without loosing my internet data because I already have the installer.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've already downloaded the Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. But I copied it to another hard drive. However now it's no longer exist in my Application. In this case can't I upgrade to High Sierra without loosing my internet data because I already have the installer.
If I understand you correctly, just copy the installer back to you Application folder and run it. You'll have a copy in that other location for backup.