i5
Graphics
GTX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After direct update i have no options Boot macOS Install or Boot macOS. I have only Boot Clover from EFI. I hadn't copied apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. I think, that my system doesn't see SSD Disk. What should i do?

Last edited:

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After direct update i have no options Boot macOS Install or Boot macOS. I have only Boot Clover from EFI. I hadn't copied apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/. I think, that my system doesn't see SSD Disk. What should i do?
Not a help thread, please create a new thread in the High Sierra forum section, also as per rules, please update your hardware profile

Motherboard
ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S
CPU
Core i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you very much for these instructions. They did work for me, with the caveat that I had to remove the NVIDIA GTX 1080 card to complete the installation.

At first I was a bit perplexed by the following:

Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

I have been running a Hackintosh on Sierra for a year and this is the first time I hear about FakeSMC.kext or any other necessary kexts. And yet the description of FakeSMC.kext says that this is absolutely necessary, and I also had to put IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ for the installation to complete, so it stands to reason that I had been using these all along.

I think it would be beneficial to provide a little explanation as to how one would go about determining which kexts are necessary. I am guessing that I have been blissfully unaware of any necessary kexts because Multibeast installed them for me. Is that true? If so, where were they installed? I did not have anything in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, or in any other directory under /EFI/CLOVER/kexts before I started the High Sierra update... Is it possible to determine what kexts I was using for Sierra after I completed the High Sierra update?

I also think that using "necessary kexts" in the first sentence and "essential kexts" in the second sentence is confusing. I realize that "necessary" and "essential" mean pretty much the same thing but I had seriously considered the possibility that these are two different sets of kexts and I was wondering where I should put the "essential kexts" (given that the "necessary" ones go into
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/, the "essential" ones probably go somewhere else, right???)

Last edited:
Motherboard
asrock H370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This was *totally* not obvious to me, and once I got through the install, all my drives had disappeared from the Clover loader. Luckily while I was installing, I came across your post and was able to use the shell to copy the file into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 and boom, back in business. I really appreciate you adding this tidbit into the forum, even if it only helps a few n00bs like us ;-)
I got same issue and it really scared me. I didn't do any backup. Thanks for lot.

Motherboard
ASRock H170M Pro4S
CPU
Intel i5 6500
Graphics
Nadia gtx 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've successfully updated from El Capitan to High Sierra but unfortunately I can not make my GTX 970 work. If I use nvdia web driver before login screen the monitor goes black and stops working. I checked lilu and graphicfix kexts and followed many guides but nothing's working. Do you have any advice? I really wish to update and I'm excited everything's working properly but since I can't use integrated graphic I'd really need to solve this issue!!

Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming M5
CPU
Intel 3.7 GHz Intel Core i3 (Skylake)
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Has anyone ran into the issue where the "Boot from macOS" option doesn't show up in clover after you started the install and the system reboots?

Had the same problem. Had to delete and redownload the High Sierra installer. Then it worked for me. If you have another macos installation on your computer, also update that to the latest clover

Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Upgraded from Sierra, worked very well following all the steps
My hackintosh :
Box : Corsair Bulldog V2.0 (motherboard MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON)
CPU : I7-770K
Graphics : MSI SEA HAWK GeForce 1080 8G

Had just to reinstall the audio (FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext) for RealAudio 1220 in /Library/Extensions
and the nvidia driver

All OK :)

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z270N
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
EVA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Updated to 10.13.1 without any problems today.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H61M-HD2
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-3770
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2GB Ddr3
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Established users of macOS Sierra who wish to update directly to macOS High Sierra can do so just like a regular Mac would. These fully native methods require no USB creation or preparation and allow you to keep all of your files and settings.

Before you begin, we strongly recommend performing a full backup of your existing system using Carbon Copy Cloner. By doing this, you can always go back to your working macOS Sierra installation.

Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS)
Apple is now using APFS (Apple File System) instead of HFS+ for the default file system in macOS High Sierra for solid state drives. If you have a SSD, this guide will auto-convert it to APFS by default. Users with traditional 'spinning' hard disk drives will remain on HFS+ by default. Using APFS with Clover requires copying the apfs.efi file from the installer to your Clover EFI. If you would like to update without converting to APFS use the HFS+ guide below.

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

4. Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

5. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.​

Alternative Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)
Some users with solid state storage may choose to update to macOS High Sierra without converting to APFS filesystem, thus maintaining HFS+ filesystem. This guide will not auto-convert your HFS+ SSD to APFS.

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Close the window.

4. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type the following:

Code:
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO

5. At prompt, type A to agree to the License Agreement. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.​

Please let us know how these guides work for you! Thanks and good luck!

Related:
NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS High Sierra 10.13.0 (378.10.10.10.15)
macOS High Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store
Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers
Apple's Policy on Apple File System (APFS) for High Sierra
macOS High Sierra To Be Released September 25, 2017
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 8 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 7 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 6 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 5 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 4 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 3 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta 2 is Now Available
macOS High Sierra Public Beta is Now Available
How to Create a macOS High Sierra Public Beta Installation USB
Introducing the macOS High Sierra Critter!
High Sierra Desktop Support
High Sierra Desktop Guides
High Sierra Laptop Support
High Sierra Laptop Guides
Apple Reveals macOS High Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2017

Hello people

My worst decision was to follow this guide had working perfectly with my MacOS Sierra, but when trying to use this guide step by step verifying each item to start the installer on the first reboot began to install but after a couple of minutes I gave an error in the installation and now it does not start my system with MacOS nor recover it with the copy made with the Carbon Copy Cloner nor the aforementioned recovery partition serves .... it is clear that I have dualboot with windows and I am afraid to delete that partition too ...

I hope someone can help me recover my installation

Sincerely Kehakuma

Status
Not open for further replies.