Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update passed without any issues, with all kexts from old Sierra and Clover 4184. I didn't update clover to 4289, because it cannot boot.
System SSD was on APFS.

I posted it again before seeing you moved it to the KP one. Sorry about that.

Did the direct update from 10.12.6 to 10.13.1! Everything worked except audio and my front panel USB3 ports. I used the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command script to patch the audio -- perfect fix! Then I used Clover to edit the "find" and "replace" fields in the "port limit patch" per this post: < https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-usb-raise-port-limit-patch-for-high-sierra.226072/ >. That enabled my extra ports. iMessage, etc all still working fine...

Last edited:
I can't get either option to work. I get to the boot screen and choose Boot macOS Install option and then the white apple logo but the progress bar never fills up, it just hangs around 85-90% full.

Hello - I can’t seem to get it updated directly or through a fresh install. This is the error message I get post boot.

Attachments

• C7175397-2924-49B4-9F75-7F203C3D5B18.png
    C7175397-2924-49B4-9F75-7F203C3D5B18.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 190
I can't get either option to work. I get to the boot screen and choose Boot macOS Install option and then the white apple logo but the progress bar never fills up, it just hangs around 85-90% full.

Hello - I can’t seem to get it updated directly or through a fresh install. This is the error message I get post boot.

sorry guys, not a help thread

create your own threads in the relevant forums please

Just finished the move from Sierra to High Sierra on my test volume and everything went as advertised. Will test functionality tomorrow and test for a while to make sure it is stable before upgrading on my production volume.

Thanks to everyone tonymacx86 for the great instructions and all the hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back