Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was following "Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS)" from a Sierra installed through UniBeast. I could get through the installation but when my pc reboots I am not seeing any hard-drive boot options. The only boot option available is "Boot Clover from EFI".

Clover: 4173
Motherboard: GA-PA55-UD4P F14
Hard drive: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

I also tried the fresh installation method from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ many times (with APFS or HFS+) but still got the same problem.

Thanks, great guide. I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H with a 3570K. Initially my install hung on the black apple logo boot screen, but I followed step 2 here from madman1234 to drop MATS in config.plist and after that it went through easily. I didn't do the step to skip converting to APFS and it still worked fine.

I was updating from El Capitan and hadn't touched my system software in a while. If anyone is on the fence about updating, I'd definitely recommend it. Previously, sleep and iMessage/FaceTime had been problematic on my system but they both work following the update. (I'm guessing that this is because of the update to Clover.)

Thanks all.

Updated to 10.13 today (from 10.12.6) after running into problems the first time around and with the system hanging at the Apple logo without obvious reasons (as many of you seemed to experience). Reading through most of the feedback here I learned that the key might be to disable the intel graphics system in Bios. And indeed that did the trick. System 10.13 seems to be working properly without any further work. Thanks all for your continued efforts to supply the guides and supporting tools and above all to all those that provide feedback on their exploits!

tnx for help dear
i update my clover to 4220 , but not install high sierra
restart when installing
my SMBIOS is imac 14.2
for install high sierra my SMBIOS change to 17.1 or not ?
No it is not necessary to change your smbios... use your old one with your optimal options ... if it was iMac 14.2 ,, so just set it to iMac 14,2 again .. if you have your original config file , mount your efi drive and go to clover folder and paste it there ,, change config file to yours... if you did not backup your config file just set it up again by using clover configurator because some time it is possible upgrading of clover can change your config file by overwriting

I am triying to perform direct upgrade and the installation get stuck here
View attachment 285312
Any comments are welcome
Have you updated your clover version.. it is important .. on my installation. It was restarting at that point after update of my clover and following of instructions it solved

UniBeast and MultiBeast users-

MultiBeast 9.2.1 is incompatible with APFS drives, but works with HFS+. We will be releasing updated versions of UniBeast and MultiBeast and a full UniBeast installation guide in the near future.

In the meantime, if you are already installed on Sierra, we suggest using the above update guides. For fresh installations, please see the following post for instructions to create a USB installer for High Sierra.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes!

Can you please tell as approximately release date of new unibeast / mutlibeast for High Sierra? I'm not sleeping because of this. Thanks from Slovakia. I'm looking for your site every hour, if new release is out ...

Can you please tell as approximately release date of new unibeast / mutlibeast for High Sierra? I'm not sleeping because of this. Thanks from Slovakia.
Lack of sleep is not good for your health

Can you please tell as approximately release date of new unibeast / mutlibeast for High Sierra? I'm not sleeping because of this. Thanks from Slovakia. I'm looking for your site every hour, if new release is out ...
Real soon now. Be patient. Besides, HS 10.13.0 is full of bugs. So, hang in there and get some sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back