CPU
Intel i7 4770K
Graphics
Asus Direct CU II GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. I downloaded OS High Sierra from the App Store but the installer becomes 'not responding' when I run it. What should I do?

Motherboard
Gigabyte H410M
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried doing a direct update and when I boot to the MacOS Install, it loads about 90% and then hangs. Any ideas?

ETA: I've added my verbose results

Attachments

• IMG_1378.JPG
    IMG_1378.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Thanks to the great documentation everywhere here I'm running now mac OS 10.13 on SSD next to my Win10 NVME SSD.
Thanks again!

Motherboard
HP 4530S
CPU
i3
Graphics
hd3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was following "Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS)" from a Sierra installed through UniBeast. I could get through the installation but when my pc reboots I am not seeing any hard-drive boot options. The only boot option available is "Boot Clover from EFI".

Clover: 4173
Motherboard: GA-PA55-UD4P F14
Hard drive: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD

I also tried the fresh installation method from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/ many times (with APFS or HFS+) but still got the same problem.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i5 3.4Ghz
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 OC edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks, great guide. I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H with a 3570K. Initially my install hung on the black apple logo boot screen, but I followed step 2 here from madman1234 to drop MATS in config.plist and after that it went through easily. I didn't do the step to skip converting to APFS and it still worked fine.

I was updating from El Capitan and hadn't touched my system software in a while. If anyone is on the fence about updating, I'd definitely recommend it. Previously, sleep and iMessage/FaceTime had been problematic on my system but they both work following the update. (I'm guessing that this is because of the update to Clover.)

Thanks all.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H, Bios F9
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 750 SC with 2Gb GDDR5 (display port)
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated to 10.13 today (from 10.12.6) after running into problems the first time around and with the system hanging at the Apple logo without obvious reasons (as many of you seemed to experience). Reading through most of the feedback here I learned that the key might be to disable the intel graphics system in Bios. And indeed that did the trick. System 10.13 seems to be working properly without any further work. Thanks all for your continued efforts to supply the guides and supporting tools and above all to all those that provide feedback on their exploits!

Motherboard
Gigabyte x99 UD4
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
GTX 780Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
tnx for help dear
i update my clover to 4220 , but not install high sierra
restart when installing
my SMBIOS is imac 14.2
for install high sierra my SMBIOS change to 17.1 or not ?
No it is not necessary to change your smbios... use your old one with your optimal options ... if it was iMac 14.2 ,, so just set it to iMac 14,2 again .. if you have your original config file , mount your efi drive and go to clover folder and paste it there ,, change config file to yours... if you did not backup your config file just set it up again by using clover configurator because some time it is possible upgrading of clover can change your config file by overwriting

Motherboard
Gigabyte x99 UD4
CPU
i7 5820k
Graphics
GTX 780Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am triying to perform direct upgrade and the installation get stuck here
View attachment 285312
Any comments are welcome
Have you updated your clover version.. it is important .. on my installation. It was restarting at that point after update of my clover and following of instructions it solved

Status
Not open for further replies.