Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you so much to the amazing Admins and community members here. This guide to directly update from Sierra worked to a T. Could not be happier with my hack. The only thing that doesn't show is my 4790k overclocks to 4.8 Ghz. Keep up the great work!

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 7.45.39 PM.png

I have a Fusion Drive, so I won't get the APFS update. Will it hurt put the apfs.efi on my EFI partition anyway, just so it's there and I don't get surprised by a point update that suddenly activates APFS on me?

Wow, thank you so much to the amazing Admins and community members here. This guide to directly update from Sierra worked to a T. Could not be happier with my hack. The only thing that doesn't show is my 4790k overclocks to 4.8 Ghz. Keep up the great work!

View attachment 280510

So it looks like you don't have a graphics card installed? That is what Im waiting on.

So it looks like you don't have a graphics card installed? That is what Im waiting on.

Yah I'm waiting for either Radeon Vega 64 cards to come back down in price, or NVidia to publish web drivers for High Sierra for their pascal cards. Whichever happens first, I'm not picky.

Ok, so I tried following the guide.
At the beginning everything looked fine.
I choose the install Mac partition.
But once it finishes, all I see is grey screen.
And nothing happens, I tried to hard reboot, and went through the same route, but same result.

I was then able to boot to my old system Sierra...

Can someone give me a tip?

I ran into some problems: I followed the guide till step 6 and the installation process starts but after a reboot the following message appears (see the picture). Someone has a clue? I had a working system of Sierra before. As kexts i only have FakeSMC.kext for now in the Others folder. Clover is updated to the newest version.

Attachments

• IMG_0245.JPG
    IMG_0245.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,275
I changed SMBIOS from MacPro 5,1 to iMac 14,2 and now it supposedly works..I'll keep you informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back