Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
try boot from USB linux, can you see the FAT32 EFI partition

I already figured it out. The EFI partition is under a different disk ID. In the screenshot below disk2 and disk4 are the same physical SSD. You'll see that disk2 references disk4 since the AFPS is inside a container.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.41.42 PM.png

I am having some issues with the installation. When I ran the "install High Sierra" App, it instantly get done and jumped to the restart page. Is this normal? Then when I boot the installation partition in clover, it is either stuck at "apple logo" screen or keep restarting forever.

Any help is appreciated. :)

I'm also experiencing a glitch in clover though I can still boot. Any fix for this?

Last edited:
I am having some issues with the installation. When I ran the "install High Sierra" App, it instantly get done and jumped to the restart page. Is this normal? Then when I boot the installation partition in clover, it is either stuck at "apple logo" screen or keep restarting forever.

Any help is appreciated. :)

I attached a screenshot of verbose mode result when trying to boot into install high Sierra.

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 315
congratulation!
and did you upgrade successfully?
Yes, It upgraded successfully with APFS converted.
FakeSMC is necessary, other kexts are not.
After upgraded, 4k patch to Intel HD4600 seems broken. And I disable the patch and re-enable it in clover config.plist, it works now. I dont know why:crazy:

Hi,
update via Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS) , everything seem fine but it didn't uprage to APFS and I am staing on HFS+. :(
Any ideas why?

Thanks for the guide Tony enyway!!!!!

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2017-09-28 v 4.26.27.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2017-09-28 v 4.26.27.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 247
I have attached an image of the kernel panic screen I get when trying to install/upgrade High Sierra. To my eyes there is a serious lack of helpful information.
I initially tried the upgrade method, following the instructions in the first post to the letter.
When that failed I tried creating the USB installer, again following the instructions to the letter.
Both gave me the screen you see in the attachment.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I did install the latest Clover 4220
I did copy the files apfs.efi, fakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the correct destinations.View attachment 280965

The really annoying and frustrating thing is that I have been hacking my toshes for almost nine years flawlessly.

I have the same result with the same verbose boot screen.

Video issue.
First, thanks. The guide helped me get to 95%.
I have had this problem before, when I updated to 10.12
On boot, video freezes unless I use the fake graphics ID maneuver. Did I disturb the video kexts in Clover or library?
I thought I installed the latest Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup, and FakeSMC. These are currently resident in the Clover Kexts/Other folder as well. Is that bad? I hope this is a familiar issue to someone.
Vanilla Skylake I3, Intel Graphics 530, was working. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back